Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HELP!! No power on one machine and cant turn the other off!

Collapse

Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP!! No power on one machine and cant turn the other off!

Guy's I got a real bad situaution here!I have 2 lanes down right in the middle of the house and I cant get the problems to move or, fixed, for that matter! The one lane will not power up. I have checked all the power sources for juice, and its there. I rebuilt the c1 plug to no avail and I am left with the option of checking all the wire ways for a burnt wire but guess what no schematics! The machine next to it will power up as soon as you plug in the main power but from that point on it can not be controlled from anywhere but the chasis and the ball return(cycle buttons on return), you can not turn it on or off from the control counter and it will not score at all! Guys I realy need some help on this one the one machine( the one not scoring has been down for days while I have tried everything I could think of I swapped mi boxes I swapped chassis I swapped cables to the mi to no avail. HELP ME PLEASE! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img]
    beware of attack mechanic

Re: HELP!! No power on one machine and cant turn the other off!

Sounds like something in the scoring to me. Unless it's a fluke and something in the machines but I doubt it. What kind of scoring do you have?
    All I want in life is to turn wrenches and climb around pinsetters/pinspotters again :/

Comment

My machines are 82 70c's they have single board mp chasis(not sure what board) with accuscorexl scoring installed in 1984 (the scoring that is) The machine that I can not control was working fine after some double gutter problem adjustments. I bowled 3 games on it it was great . Went home and the next day this is what I found! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img]

Comment

Hmm, I don't have MP chassis where I work so I dunno if it could be something there, we have omega-tek conversions. Scoring wise, we have Accuscore+ which I assume is similar to xl. Bad lane board in the liu maybe? Bad Curtain wall chassis? Did ya try messing with any of these?
        All I want in life is to turn wrenches and climb around pinsetters/pinspotters again :/

Comment

ok this is a stupid question but what is the liu, and curtain wall chassis??

Comment

The LIU is the big blue box lol, lane interface unit I believe it stands for, ours is at the front desk (as I assume most are, not sure if you have one, I dunno how similar or different XL is from +) curtain wall chassis you should definately have, on the back of the curtain wall right above the pair of lanes, controls scoring and other things.

Comment

Liu = Computer lane interface unit.

Frameter = switches.

I think Liu's have problems that have been discussed in here before.

JK

Comment

King, is XL setup similarly to Accuscore+? I didn't really know what to post to try and help, I assume they're similar, but I've only worked on +

Comment

I believe we have another liu (now that I know what it is)I will be swapping that out in the morning will let you know the out come on that. As for the machine that Has no power any ideas on that ?

Comment

It's probably just a bad board or something in the LIU if the LIU is the culprit, easier to just change the board if ya got spare ones. As for the lane with no power check all your simple stuff first, circuit breakers, fuses, masking unit switch (if ya have them, someone where I work shut one once and I yelled and cussed for about 20 mins before I remembered it was there and checked it) Always start simple at first. Good luck! Keep us posted [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Liu is different than Advantage unit....I will try to get a pic.

JK

Comment

Thanks King! No amount of knowledge like this anywhere but here, wanna learn all I can [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Thanks guys I will try all these things first thing in the am!Hopefully 1 of these works. Got a tourney comin up real soon!I'll keep ya posted!!

Comment

Good luck fixing it, no guarantees, but when you said the machines were next to each other and ya had some scoring problems prior, it immediately made me thing something in the scoring. King said your LIU is different so maybe it is easier for you to just change the whole LIU, hey whatever works [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img] The best mechanics in the world (IMHO of course [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img] ) post here so someone if not me will help ya get em back up and running! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                            widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                            1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                            First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                            our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                            Working...
                            X