Re: sweepmania

Comment

Comment

MY 9/11 Sweep

Comment

Very very sharp! Especially the red white and blue for 9/11, love it [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
              All I want in life is to turn wrenches and climb around pinsetters/pinspotters again :/

Comment

Ahhh, I'll never forget the sound those multi-piece sweep bar assemblies used to make as they swept off a full rack of pins- "tink-tink-tink-tink" especially funny sounding with a fast gearbox- I always thought when they were not all bent up and had the AMF logo on the front of them they looked pretty cool. Unfortunately or fortunately I guess, my 50 lanes have the "plastic" single piece sweep bars. Do you have glo bowling and I was wondering if any of those sweep bars had glowing paint that shows up under blacklight? Bet that would look pretty cool. Got anymore cool pics?

Comment

Originally posted by TABLEJAM:
                  Ahhh, I'll never forget the sound those multi-piece sweep bar assemblies used to make as they swept off a full rack of pins- "tink-tink-tink-tink" especially funny sounding with a fast gearbox- I always thought when they were not all bent up and had the AMF logo on the front of them they looked pretty cool. Unfortunately or fortunately I guess, my 50 lanes have the "plastic" single piece sweep bars. Do you have glo bowling and I was wondering if any of those sweep bars had glowing paint that shows up under blacklight? Bet that would look pretty cool. Got anymore cool pics?
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">We now have the single piece plastic ones as well, I can't really knock them, they've held up SUPURBLY, they take a licking and keep on ticking. I always did like the old ones tho, definately sharp looking, I was very anal with them, always dusted, chips painted, and the bars on all 64 lanes (Yes, I need serious help lol) were always kept straight, when maintained they looked great, cant stand it when the bars were bent, we got maybe a 3rd of our house with fast gearboxes on em, they did sound neat "tink"ing the pins off the deck [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
                  All I want in life is to turn wrenches and climb around pinsetters/pinspotters again :/

Comment

We still use the 3-piece assembly with the steel tubes... with some mods. We got rid of the heavy fiberglass centerbar and replaced it with square aluminum U-channel (I riveted a strip of 1/8" 'Versacel' PVC sheeting to the back of it to cut down on the "clank-clank" noise and to protect the pins)... and I REFUSE to buy the lower tubes... $20-30 for a stupid piece of white pipe! I've been using 'hardwall' galvanized conduit painted with white alkyd enamel appliance paint. Looks just as good, and costs about $20 for enough material to make about 6 of them.
                    <span style="font-style: italic">Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis</span>

Comment

G-Man,

Try plain old white PVC pipe for the tubes. Before we changed to the new style sweeps I’d been using PVC for years. It’s even less expensive than what you’re using. Just remove the rubber grommets &amp; slide it into place. It fits perfectly!

Comment

Coors, With all these pics I need to get off dial up! You're killing me!

Good pics tho

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                        widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                        1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                        First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                        our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                        Working...
                        X