Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Check this picture out

Re: Check this picture out

I love it. I've been looking for a solution to pins falling off. AMF makes a bracket but wants $20 for a piece of tin and a 6" piece of ready rod. Not worth it. I've been thinking of running a small cable from pan to end just haven't had time to design and attach the uprights. Good idea King.
    Give the most difficult task to the laziest workers. They will eventually find the easiest possible way of getting it done!

Comment

I have seen them made out of half of a slide bar from a 70 sweep with a piece of 1" x 6 or so" sheet metal attached.
      What you do is cut the slide bar in half and then put it on the o-pan peg that sticks up in the air. And attach the sheet metal to the halved slide bar, insert a small a bend or two to get it the support guide on the distributor and the drill a hole in each and attach with a bolt.
      I will make drawing of what i am talking about.

Comment

COOL!!

Stahl's sells something similar. Don't know the $$. I've seen them but never had a need for them myself. Just lucky, I guess.

Comment

If you remove the belt runner and put some sort of "support" where the o-pan screws are at, the pins don't really fall over the side of the distributor. I prefer to do it this way however.....(the picture) looks like a mod that would work. It's good to see what other people can come up with. Keep the ideas coming!

Comment

That really doesnt look like it'd work all that well... usually when we have pins falling off the distribs. its either because for some RANDOM reason it goes over the top of the distrib (at the back of the pan) or it rolls off REALLY FAST, just past the "pins" of the o-pan.... does look like it'd align the pins dead straight though (maybe helping with 7&10 pin delivery, keeping them straight in?) unless its lower to the pan then it looks... then it'd work great for both! curious how you made it though, king.... and does it work?

Comment

Originally posted by Adam:
              That really doesnt look like it'd work all that well... usually when we have pins falling off the distribs. its either because for some RANDOM reason it goes over the top of the distrib (at the back of the pan) or it rolls off REALLY FAST, just past the "pins" of the o-pan....
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Both of the problems you mentioned are common ones that have some 'fixes'... if the pins travel past the o-pan and stay in the wheel, you can move the o-pan forward a bit, and lower the drop-off point on the pin guide (and make sure it's not bent)...the 'kidney swap' that's been discussed here a lot would probably be even better.

If you get a pin rolling off so fast that it hops over the pin guides on the pan and falls off, you can gently bend up the sides of the pan 'ears' to keep them on the belt. Lowering the drop-off point may also slow them down... sometimes the drop-off is so high that it pinches the pins and they 'pop out' of the wheel instead of just rolling off.

Another big improvement is the 'stationary' pin guide setup, where the orientor pins are mounted to the wheel instead of the pan, so they don't change position in relation to the wheel. It makes for much more precise orienting.

Those guides look interesting, but also look like they would cause some problems. Without anything in the way (a stock distributor), many times a potential pinjam fixes itself... a pin laying on the pan is pushed off into the pit by the next one up, and it continues to operate normally. With those guides there, the pin couldn't fall off, and a pileup on the pan would result.
              <span style="font-style: italic">Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis</span>

Comment

pin guide mod

Comment

I had the problems with falling pins , Via Pinsetters have a new dist. belt that grab the pins really well . all my falling pins went away [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif[/img] [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif[/img]
                  Cmd

Comment

I have thought of doing something similar to this. I have also thought, as a compliment to this mod, of welding the orienting rods on the O-Pan closer to the pinwheel to turn the pins faster. Just an idea.

Louie
                    Experience: Currently Help Maintain 44 82-30s and 50 82-70s.

Comment

I did what C D is talking about &amp; one better. I also took a urethane block I believe we purchased from stahl's. I installed it under the dist. belt at the back roller. This raised the belt &amp; grab's the pin.
                      Even a old dog can bury a bone

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                      widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                      Working...
                      X