Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delayed Table

I have two backup chasis' in the shop. When the ball is thrown the table will not drop. I can manually use the T1? T3 to bring it down. I assume this is a chasis problem. The chasis' should be done early this week. Need the lane for tonight.

Any ideas much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
    "If I didn't love to bowl, I swear I'd sell the place!"

Re: Delayed Table

Since the chassis' were moved/exchanged, check the simple stuff first:

Take a look at the C1 and C2A plugs on both sides... make sure none of the pins have pushed back into the connector.

Check the sweep switch/cam adjustments... if an adjustment is marginal, a different chassis may not read the switches like the one that was taken off... use your go/no-go gauge to reset them.

If you're using scoring/triggering, make sure all the connections are correct.

Check the OS switch and wiring.
    <span style="font-style: italic">Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis</span>

Comment

Is this happening on both first and second ball? I'm assuming it's first ball. "G" had good suggestions as always, I'll add to check your GPS itself and the wiring (if it's still hooked up). Also if you have Omega-Tek boards try swapping out the MK-70, we had a bad one once that caused no table. Good luck!
      All I want in life is to turn wrenches and climb around pinsetters/pinspotters again :/

Comment

Still new with the terminology also -

Please explain (w/o laughing if possible [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img] )

1) Take a look at the C1 and C2A plugs on both sides...
        I've changed many pit wires but thats about it.

2) go/no-go gauge to reset them

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Anderson:
          Still new with the terminology also -

Please explain (w/o laughing if possible [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img] )

1) Take a look at the C1 and C2A plugs on both sides...
          I've changed many pit wires but thats about it.

2) go/no-go gauge to reset them

Thanks
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">C1 and C2A plugs are the 2 plugs that go into the chassis on the right hand side (looking at the machine from the back). The go/no-go gauge is a small goofy looking gauge used for cam gap adjustment, it's got a fat end and the other end is a bit skinnier. Hope this helps.
          All I want in life is to turn wrenches and climb around pinsetters/pinspotters again :/

Comment

I was right on the C1 and C2A plugs. Have played with them. Will check.

A no go for the go/no-go gauge. Have never seen one in here since I've bought the place. Where can I get one and how do I use it. (Seriously)

Never taught me this in college. Went for health education and decided to buy an alley instead.

Thanks for all the help. This really is informative.

Comment

I was right on the C1 and C2A plugs. Have played with them. Will check.

A no go for the go/no-go gauge. Have never seen one in here since I've bought the place. Where can I get one and how do I use it. (Seriously)

Never taught me this in college. Went for health education and decided to buy an alley instead.

Thanks for all the help. This really is informative.
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You can get the gauge from AMF, can't seem to find a pic of it at the moment but the part number is (from AMF's site) 030-002-748 Cam Gauge (Table-Sweep). I'll see if I can dig up a pic of it for ya somewhere, I'm out of work on disability so I can't just snag a pic myself. As far as using it, it's rather easy to do. Just crank the motor til the flat spot on the cam you're adjusting is facing you, and slip the gauge in. The fatter end should activate the switch while the skinnier end shouldn't. I'll look for a pic of the gauge for ya or if anyone else has it post away [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
              Best I can do for now is this <a href="http://www.amfproducts.com/techs/manuals/pins/90XLMA4.PDF" target="_blank"><a href="http://www.amfproducts.com/techs/manuals/pins/90XLMA4.PDF" target="_blank"><a href="http://www.amfproducts.com/techs/manuals/pins/90XLMA4.PDF" target="_blank"><a href="http://www.amfproducts.com/techs/manuals/pins/90XLMA4.PDF" target="_blank"><a href="http://www.amfproducts.com/techs/manuals/pins/90XLMA4.PDF" target="_blank"><a href="http://www.amfproducts.com/techs/manuals/pins/90XLMA4.PDF" target="_blank"><a href="http://www.amfproducts.com/techs/manuals/pins/90XLMA4.PDF" target="_blank"><a href="http://www.amfproducts.com/techs/manuals/pins/90XLMA4.PDF" target="_blank"><a href="http://www.amfproducts.com/techs/manuals/pins/90XLMA4.PDF" target="_blank">http://www.amfproducts.com/techs/manuals/pins/90XLMA4.PDF</a></a></a></a></a></a></a></a></a> part #8 on 2nd page, just a drawing but thats about what it looks like, still searching for a good pic [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The class was Pinspotters 101

[img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

JK

Comment

Seriously....rotate the cam to the high part of the cam when the switch opens....loosen the jam nut.....screw in the stop screw until the switch engages.......unscrew stop bolt until it disengages.....then loosen stop screw one exact turn....tighten jam nut.

JK

Comment

Open your fingers...............

Comment

AMF refers to the cam gauge as GAUGE ST 2748. If you have an 82/70 'spotter manual, the cam adjustments are on page 5.4 &amp; 5.5 of the 'mechanical adjustments' section.

I highlighted the tool from the manual pic:

Dano has a point... I forgot to mention that one. Check the GP switch wiring on the table if it still exists.

Easiest way is to open the front wireway, and look for a board between the motor capacitors with a lot of terminals on it. If you are still using a table cable, there will be about 13 wires coming off of it and leadin out of the wireway to the table plug. The two yellow wires at the lower left and right of the board are the 'gripper protection switch' wires. Throw a jumper across them and see if the table runs... if it corrects the problem, you can leave it like that temporarily to make the machine run until it's permanently repaired. (Some also eliminate the table cable and leave the GP wires jumpered... it's fairly safe, but if the fingers are closed, the machine will run anyway, possibly damaging them... but it's a pretty rare occurrence)
                      <span style="font-style: italic">Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis</span>

Comment

G - What are items #5 &amp; #13?

Since there's 3 of item #13, I ASSUME they're table flags but they don't look like any flags I've seen before.

I don't even have a guess as to what #5 is.

I apologize for my ignorance. I’ve only been doing this for 19 yrs.

Comment

Originally posted by Dutch:
                          G - What are items #5 &amp; #13?

Since there's 3 of item #13, I ASSUME they're table flags but they don't look like any flags I've seen before.

I don't even have a guess as to what #5 is.

I apologize for my ignorance. I’ve only been doing this for 19 yrs.
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I'm with you here, I didn't recognize either tool(s). You were correct about #13, on AMF's site it says those are steel table locating tools (table flags) and #5 is labeled as "Yoke front adjustment fixture" another steel table tool I'm assuming?

Comment

#5 = waterlevel/square ??
                            #13 = pieces of some kind of AMP hand crimping tool??

I like trivia's [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
                            So it goes.

Comment

I'm not sure myself... Other than the carpet flag/rivet tool, crank, belt lacer, gauge block, cam gauge, etc..., I'm not sure either.

Not that the pic says "steel table"... isn't that what an 82-90/90XL has? 70's have cast aluminum tables right across the board as far as I know. I think those are for a newer machine than the ones I've been around.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Approach Wear - DBA IQ/Anvilane

Our approach panels have a lot of wear at the joint between the first approach panel and the approach/heads panel. Nearly every one has the printed image worn through to various...

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                              our technician is working full time on another...
                              Working...
                              X