Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How the hell did it happen??

Got a ball call on 3/4 today, and as I'm walking toward the machines I can hear the squeaking of the rudder drive belt telling me something is frozen. I look in between 3/4 and find a pin wedged in between the carpet pulley and the rudder arm!!!! How in the hell did it get there??

8230s

Re: How the hell did it happen??

I've seen pins fly up through the side of the pin curtain and end up laying on top of the ball lift arm. May not take much more for one to drop off from there down into the CDP.
    -- Larry

Comment

Originally posted by JOE C.:
      Got a ball call on 3/4 today, and as I'm walking toward the machines I can hear the squeaking of the rudder drive belt telling me something is frozen. I look in between 3/4 and find a pin wedged in between the carpet pulley and the rudder arm!!!! How in the hell did it get there??

8230s
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Pin could have been pulled in the door by the ball, and as the ball was being sent up, forced back into the machine, hitting the lift belt and thrown into the base of the ball return. Settling where it could do some damage [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
      Daniel Hart
      Bear, DE

*If its still not working, you need a bigger hammer*

Comment

70's do some strange things that you sometimes just cannot explain if you're life depended on it.

I went over to a machine with a pinjam once, and there on the distributor crossbeam, was a pin standing straight up. Somehow it fell off the distributor, and landed perfectly to stand.

As for the pin in the belts, I've seen pins get carried up the lift by a ball, then fall off and land either on top of the machine supports (in between the decks), or fall backwards and land in the works.

Another 'beaut' is when a pin goes out the door butt-first far enough that the head gets under the carpet... ball comes in from the other pit, and the paddle stuffs the errant pin under the carpet. I love the forearm brushburns I get while trying to pull them out. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif[/img]

My favorite was the guy that shot 13 pins with one ball... somehow a pin flew up and went through the machine frames, then flopped down into the adjoining machine's gutter and tapped the #10 pin, causing it and two other pins to fall.
        <span style="font-style: italic">Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis</span>

Comment

Brunswicks are aweful for throwing pins around.
          When I finally crosstrained, I swear I would get hit by pins flying out at least once a night. And with the jetbacks, no telling where the pins would end up.

Some of the things you see makes you wonder what miracles of physics you dont see [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
          Daniel Hart
          Bear, DE

Comment

Hey Smokey, Tell 'em the one about the ball in the 2 bin! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img]

Comment

Hah! I may still be new to this, but! *TWICE* I have seen something I would never believe if someone told me it could happen... First... middle of league... had to babysit a distrib.... I'm sitting up top, watching the machine. I look down toward the other end of the center and two machines down I see a pin ROCKET up from the back of the macine, and land on the bin... spins around, and ends up BACKWORDS in the bin... (of course this was 2nd ball, causing the machine to dump the next rack). About 2 months ago I was sitting in back babysitting another stupid-clutch distrib... dont know what was on the deck, but 2nd ball... guy ROCKETS a house ball into a pin... pin comes FLYING up (bounced up off a wing) off the bin, and ends up laying sideways in the middle of the distrib!!!! I really dont get this... how does a pin fly down... bounce up about 5 feet, and land in JUST the wrong place..... [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img] AMF bowling pin > the laws of physics... I guess :p

Comment

I really dont get this... how does a pin fly down... bounce up about 5 feet, and land in JUST the wrong place..... [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img] AMF bowling pin > the laws of physics... I guess :p [/QB][/QUOTE]

I wish they would bounce that well in front while im bowling.
                Daniel Hart
                Bear, DE

Comment

We just got new scoring and bumpers from Qubica, but we used our old gutters. They had to cut the gutters to get in the auto bumpers, and now they have now support. So I get a ball return on 18. I stroll down there, and there is an 8lb. ball sitting very nicely in the 2 bin. I looked around to see who put it there, and then it dawned on me that it had jumped up the front of the machine. I REALLY don't need this.....
                  My mom always said there was one crazy person on every bus,... but I could never find him.

Comment

Smokey,

Have any of them gone thru the masks yet or have you managed to avoid that so far?

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                    widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Approach Wear - DBA IQ/Anvilane

Our approach panels have a lot of wear at the joint between the first approach panel and the approach/heads panel. Nearly every one has the printed image worn through to various...

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                    1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                    First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                    our technician is working full time on another...
                    Working...
                    X