Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carpet

Hi all,

I need a new carpet and am not sure which type to get. I see a gates one for a good price. I will instal after leagues so stiffness is not really an issue.

The last few we instaled, a few carpets eges "fold" when a ball tries to go into the exit. It seems that a stiffer one would be better. We have also had some of the seems seperate on a few that we recently installed.

What are your ideas?

Re: Carpet

we started using the vantage premium carpet and they are pretty stiff and they do last i have only had a problem with one and it was a bad front roller that caused the problem but all and all they are a great carpet

scotty

Comment

The new AMF Platinum carpets are excellent from what I've seen so far. I have 3 of them installed. And they're only a few bucks more than their pumpkin ones.

Comment

Vantage premium are the best hands down.

Any cord constructed carpet will break down at the ball door and impart grime on bowling balls when they wear out.

Cord woven carpets also unravel and wind themselves around the roller shafts and bearings.

JK

Comment

Pat....

Gates makes AMFs carpets (or at least they did last I worked on them). I liked the original orange carpet.

Jerry...

We used Vantage carpets at my last 82/70 center and they were a pain in the ass to break in because of the stiffness, even if you hung one out of the box for a week before putting it in. Can't remember if they were the premiums or the cheaper one they had, but I know I hated installing them.

We also had a few of the corded carpets, and I agree with you that those are worthless.
          -- Larry

Comment

Vantage Premium all the way!!

If you have a nice summer day, leave it in the sun, it will get nice and flexible

If its the winter, my boss uses a 2x4 and hangs the carpet right in front of the furnace air duct. It works wonders!

If your like me and forget to break it in before you install it and have a league coming in shortly, take it out of the box, lay it out, and put boxes of pins on it to keep it flat.

Best carpet ever!

Comment

Vantage Premiums!

Comment

We use the Vantage Premiums here and would not try anything else. We tried the AMF Pumpkins and were very disappointed with how some would hold up 8 lb and below weight balls at the exits.

Never had a starting problem with the Vantage carpets either.
                "Where are we going, and why are we in a hand basket?"

--Kat

Comment

Any mandrel carpet (original style) will curl up at the ball door....keeping the light balls out.

JK

Comment

AMF Platinum and Stals "Ugly White" all the way.
                    Pumkins were ok until they curl up at the ball doors. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Stahl's "Tuffy" Ugly White Carpet(000-026-753 TW), Only for me.

Or, I'll Not Wear a Belt. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

If at first you don't succeed, try, try, again. Then quit. There's no use being a damn fool about it." -W.C.Fields

Comment

Does carpet match the drapes? [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

King; No Drapes! :p
                          If at first you don't succeed, try, try, again. Then quit. There's no use being a damn fool about it." -W.C.Fields

Comment

I want a carpet like that, with no drapes included.
                            Give the most difficult task to the laziest workers. They will eventually find the easiest possible way of getting it done!

Comment

We only use Vantage Premiums. The trick to getting them rolling is to spray the rear roller with Super 88, or some other spray adhesive. Carpet starts right up, and eventually the glue just falls off.
                              My mom always said there was one crazy person on every bus,... but I could never find him.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                              Working...
                              X