Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ball return paddles

i have 82-70 machines with the humpback ballreturns regular paddles not pbl's how do you get the paddles to be strong enough to push the pins out of the windows when a ball is resting up against it and at the same time not so strong that the six pounders will still go through willhill24@ec.rr.com [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/usflag.jpg[/img] [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/usflag.jpg[/img]
    IF IT AINT FIXED YOU PROBABLY BROKE IT!!!!!!

Re: ball return paddles

Buy the Vantage PBL paddle....they are great.

The Lifelong paddle only work with the wings.

Most exits are too narrow with the wings.

Comment

Stahl's has a good PBL paddle too.

Comment

The problem is not in the paddle. It's in the paddle drive. If you put in reduction pully's with the stiffer spring shocks. The paddle moves much slower, but has 2 times the strength. The slower paddle allows the ball more time to enter the return while having more then enough strength to knock out a pin, even one with 2 balls behind it.
        Even a old dog can bury a bone

Comment

I suggest you call LIFELONG (The humpback people) and have them send you a light ball clutch. Some techs swear by them, some swear never again. But my experience is that they work very well once you understand them and adjust them properly.
          BUT...no system will push out a pin with a couple balls in its way if the carpet belt is wussy at the ball door.

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by BowlEquip:
            [QB]I suggest you call LIFELONG (The humpback people) and have them send you a light ball clutch. Some techs swear by them, some swear never again. But my experience is that they work very well once you understand them and adjust them properly.
            BUT...no system will push out a pin with a couple balls in its way if the carpet belt is wussy at the ball door.

Dont know about a wussy carpet! But I can tell you that this set-up will push out a pin with 2 balls behind it. I'm working a borrowing a camcorder to film it.
            Even a old dog can bury a bone

Comment

Slow down the rudder drive and make the shock as strong as you want to.
              Gene Simmons for president!!!

Comment

Replacement of a paddle for a thicker one solved the problem of balls stuck for the entrance of the ball exit.

When a pin comes with it's head into the ball exit on the pin deck side, while a ball tries at the other side to come in, the ball fails because of the pin rolling in the exit. The paddle was able to push the pin out, but when it moves away to the other lane, the pin wins to go back in the hole in stead of the 16 pnd ball.
                The thicker paddle pushed the pin further out, and let the pin better move away by the carpet.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Approach Wear - DBA IQ/Anvilane

Our approach panels have a lot of wear at the joint between the first approach panel and the approach/heads panel. Nearly every one has the printed image worn through to various...

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                our technician is working full time on another...
                Working...
                X