Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• franklin combo moters

we just bought 2 franklin combo moters about a year ago from another center that was getting rid of them and they worked great until today and i have never worked on them called amf they dont deal with them any more, vantage dosent either, and stahl's is not but will do a exchange on them [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif[/img] . my question is where can i get the parts for them and a manuel so i can fix them they have built in solid state switch's. due to this i only have one spare motor.

scotty

Re: franklin combo moters

I can't answer your question but maybe we can help you fix the motor. They're all pretty much the same. What's the problem?

Comment

well one of them is over heating after 10 min of use and the other wont run only hum unless you turn the armeture a little and then it will run for 2 min and over heat. the only thing is i have no spare parts for them.

keith

Comment

Scotty
        I use to work on my motors, But found it easier to take them to a electric motor fix it shop. most every town has one. They have the equipment & tools to do it quicker & better then I could.
        Even a old dog can bury a bone

Comment

Scotty; check rotating SWITCH hieght ...too high..too low? I've had this with westinghouse.. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]
          If at first you don't succeed, try, try, again. Then quit. There's no use being a damn fool about it." -W.C.Fields

Comment

I still buy my parts for franklin motors from amf. If you need parts you can also contact franklin directly. I dont have the number with me right now but they are located in Indiana. They gave me some new solid state switches for my backend motors. 50 of them. The originals were leaving the start windings on and tripping the clixons. The new ones they gave me have been trouble free.

Comment

felix

on the franklins the switch is mounted to the cap non adjustable and its solid state no real switch to work with its one of them motors thats all electric no real mechinisems to them.

ill look up that number to franklin on the net thanks guys the help is apreciated.

scotty

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
              our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
              Working...
              X