Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bin Bumpers

Just curious...how many out there run without the little black bin bumpers? I've removed most of mine after finding we get 1 or 2 jams a week caused by the head of a pin hanging up on either the uppers or lowers. More frequently on the uppers. On the machines I removed them (half the house) I haven't seen any calls.
    "Where are we going, and why are we in a hand basket?"

--Kat

Re: Bin Bumpers

We play it on a bin by bin basis. A fair description is we only fit the lower outside ones on all brackets. We find the pin doesn't always sit properly if they are all fitted. Maybe if the bins were slightly deeper it may not be so much of a problem. But that would cause problems elsewhere. We'll never know.

Comment

I'm in the process of yankin mine out. They cause more problems than they cure. The oil just eats'em away and makes'em gummy in no time, no matter what brand you use. Thats why I pulled my cup liners.

Comment

We have been taking ours out.
        Peanut

Comment

i just have a question about this wont pulling them out cut up you pins or mabey ding them i know at our center they do get gummy and are ruinned after a couple of weeks but we have been replacing them but if it wont ding the pins i might pull ours also.

scotty

Comment

Originally posted by scotty:
            i just have a question about this wont pulling them out cut up you pins or mabey ding them i know at our center they do get gummy and are ruinned after a couple of weeks but we have been replacing them but if it wont ding the pins i might pull ours also.

scotty
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I don't think so about the pin damage. The brackets are polished and are not sharp to knick pins.

--Kat

Comment

Removing the 992 bumpers really make a difference when shuttling, and it doesn't hurt the pins as long as there are no sharp edges on the cradles. However, you end up with two problems: one immediate and the other long-term.

First, pin feed becomes noisier. If you can deal with it, no problem.

Second, the whacking of the pin heads eventually will crack the cradles or the stringers to which they're attached. Starts to get expen$ive in time.

Suggestions:
              1) If you remove the uppers, don't make the mistake I did by bending the "ears" down. This results in a sharp edge at the hole which will damage the pin heads.
              2) If you remove the lowers, try lining the cradle with something like material from old carpet belts or curtains. You'll have to glue them on.
              3) Replace the original cradles with ZOT's adjustable ones. They're great and have a plastic one-piece curved saddle which allows the pins to slip out easily. The mounting holes are slotted so you can raise each one if needed to clear the tops of the spotting cups.

Comment

Originally posted by BowlEquip:

First, pin feed becomes noisier. If you can deal with it, no problem.

Second, the whacking of the pin heads eventually will crack the cradles or the stringers to which they're attached. Starts to get expen$ive in time.

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Noise I can easily deal with. The little extra there doesn't seem to matter to me.

The long term effect would probably be way down the road. It would take some time to crack them.

Great suggestions BowlEquip. I have looked at the Zot cradles, do you have any experience with them?

--Kat

Comment

The uppers we have removed, the lower ones (in the straps) are left on.

If they get sticky from lane conditioner, etc.. on them, just pat them with a pro-slide bag... it makes them nice and slick so the pins don't stick to them, and the gumminess goes away...sometimes not to return for a year or more. (I found that out by accident... I did it during a league to keep pins from hanging up on them, forgot about it, and remembered several months later while doing bin work on that machine... the rubber bumpers I hit with the pro-slide were just fine.)
                  <span style="font-style: italic">Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis</span>

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                  widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                  1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                  First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                  our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                  Working...
                  X