Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re-usable Cushion Rivots

My next big project, cushion planks and pin curtains. I looked up the price of the rivots, $1.38 a pc. Let's see, $1.38 x 16 x 8 or 10 cushions = boss blows a gasket. Does anyone have an opinion on the re-usable rivots. Do they work, do they last, are they worth trying. I haven't seen a price on them, so is it worth the difference (I'm sure they must cost more). Otherwise any input on different types or what works the best... We currently use the standard black rubber ones but they don't seem to last. They either pull back thru or break inside, leaving no support to cushion. Cushion then hangs down and impeads the path of the pins causing more unwanted ball calls. My gosh, DOES IT EVER END. LOL Thanx [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/usflag.jpg[/img]
    Give the most difficult task to the laziest workers. They will eventually find the easiest possible way of getting it done!

Re: Re-usable Cushion Rivots

i just order AMF's 100 at a time. best rivet there is IMHO

Comment

i have never used them but they look the same with the exception of the hose clamp so as far as lasting longer i wouldnt think so they would still ware out the same i would think unless they are made of a diffrent material you could call and see how much and what material they are.

scotty

Comment

We've been using the Vantage "Super Rivet" for quite a while... they wear very well. The only time we lose them is if a cushion has to be rebuilt, and we cut them off. Very little problem with wear-off and breakage.

We tried the "bolt-in" style reusable rivets and weren't very impressed by them.
        <span style="font-style: italic">Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis</span>

Comment

Vantage super rivots are the key... NEVER cause ball damage. Dont stretch... easy to install, and EASY TO REMOVE. And, if you ask me... They hold the cushion together better than the others, EXTENDING THE LIFE OF THE CUSHION! Too bad you cant re-use them [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif[/img]

P.S. I HATE THE BOLT IN TYPE. We had them thru the entire house.... if I have a choice... I will not touch them again (unless using to align the cushion so I can slide a super rivot in [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img] we recently re-did all our cushions... 10 lane center... 3 seperate bolt in style rivots took AN HOUR EACH to get off.... The plastic head falls off, and the bolt spins in the cushion, no way to turn them loose.... You can either try to apply pressure through the facing... or you have a few choices... either cut the cushion (would never), cut the bolt (no hack-saw at the time, and dont want to get shavings in the pit, and sometimes you cant get the blade behind the nut), or ruin the threads of the bolt by clamping on to it, then forcing the nut off over the bad threads.... bolt in style are useless.... One use, and headaches galore getting them out!

Comment

I use the Vantage super rivets. Also hate the bolt in style. Head falls off = ball damage. I have never had a bit of trouble with the V rivets.
            Give me a hammer and some duct tape and I can fix it!

Comment

LMFAO the day after I posted that we had one mysteriously break... first time I've EVER seen one break!!!! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img] [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img] [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Adam:
                LMFAO the day after I posted that we had one mysteriously break... first time I've EVER seen one break!!!! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img] [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img] [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img]
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You got lucky... it was only a cushion rivet.

Last time I was in a situation like that, I posted a comment that I've never had a table shaft break in all the years of working at the 'bowl. The next day, I got a call that a machine was down, and they couldn't get it to run. Lo and behold, there it was... table shaft broken cleanly in half.

I thought it was bad to talk about how well the machines were running in the back because the machines would hear it and MAKE something break just to be annoying. Seems that ours are able to access the 'net as well. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif[/img]
                <span style="font-style: italic">Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis</span>

Comment

Okay let see if anyone has heard of this trick to avoid replacing rivots when replacing just the facing:
                  Needed:
                  Long Shoe lace - preferably Nylon vs cotton
                  WD-40
                  Some Rags to wipe your hands

Mind you, this will work with all rubber rivots, it's easier if they got some wear on 'em, the new ones are a bit stiff.
                  Take off existing Facing, leaving rivots in place. Just grab a corner w/ your hand, or use a pliers if you're weak.
                  It's easier to do this on the bench, but it can be done on the machine as well.
                  Take the String and soak it w/ the WD-40 in the Middle. You should choose a rivot on the top row, and maybe a worn rivot for your first choice if doing this on the machine, to make it easier on yourself.
                  Ok, before placing the facing up, take the string and hang it over the head of the rivot so both ends are hanging down. Cross the ends and loop it back up so you have a complete circle. You should now see a rivot head with a string looped behind it (string in front of rubber cushion) Pull up on the string ends to take out the slack from your circle (not too tight) Spray more WD on the area - get it nice and slick. Thread the String through the hole of the facing, and place the facing up against the rivot as tight as you can hold it. The first couple are tricky because of gravity, I suppose one can use Vice grips or something to hold it for you if you want.
                  While Holding the facing in place (press hard around the hole)Pull on both ends of the string. What should be happening is the top of the rivot should peek through, and as you continue to pull, (its harder at this point) the bottom should come through as well.
                  Continue with all the rest of the rivots, doing the corners last.
                  It takes practice, but its useful way to save $16 or so.

Anyone done this before?

Comment

I Think; RGP is paying twice the amount that I'm paying(urethane) and Vosj is working way too hard. :p
                    If at first you don't succeed, try, try, again. Then quit. There's no use being a damn fool about it.&quot; -W.C.Fields

Comment

I'm thinking my machines are older then most of yours. I had problems with rivots pulling thru in most all my kick-backs. No way the boss will replace them. So I bought a packet of golf tee's and pulled the rivot thru &amp; inserted the tee in as far as I could push it. when the rivot pulled back, it took the tee with it. Head of the tee was just inside of the rivot's large part. Never had one pull thru with this set-up.
                      Even a old dog can bury a bone

Comment

Try an X washer?
                        If at first you don't succeed, try, try, again. Then quit. There's no use being a damn fool about it.&quot; -W.C.Fields

Comment

Originally posted by old-school-mechanic:
                          I'm thinking my machines are older then most of yours. I had problems with rivots pulling thru in most all my kick-backs. No way the boss will replace them. So I bought a packet of golf tee's and pulled the rivot thru &amp; inserted the tee in as far as I could push it. when the rivot pulled back, it took the tee with it. Head of the tee was just inside of the rivot's large part. Never had one pull thru with this set-up.
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Use an x washer around the head of the rivet.

Comment

Queen; Your getting Way To Slow...Watch Ya Going To do When You Get To My Age? [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by felix:
                              Queen; Your getting Way To Slow...Watch Ya Going To do When You Get To My Age? [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img]
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Retire my friend.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                              Working...
                              X