Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Humpback Issues

Every once in a while we have major issues with our one humpback. The issue is the belt tensioner pops the belts. We have the right size belts on and have even put on a little smaller to keep tight. I love the humpback but am ready to let it go because of this issue. Very frustrating, and ideas?

Thanks!
    "If I didn't love to bowl, I swear I'd sell the place!"

Re: Humpback Issues

We have had the same problems, however one of the belt tensioner pulleys had worn (bushing) causing the belts to come off. I would sugggest checking the following:

belt tensioner in line? is rudder drive running straight? Pulleys warped or bent?
    Check springs and bushings in the belt tensioner.
    At one point we replaced the springs, they were worn and stretched not applying enough presure. We have also added springs and chain on both angles of the tensioner to prevent belt slippage.

We also had to order some new belt tensioners. They were reversed from the orginal style, or at least the ones we had. We took the center shaft out and reversed the spring to the other side. This caused the tensioner to be at a different angle. Does your tensioner bend toward the humpback or toward the back of the machine when applying the belts? All of ours bend down toward the back of the machine. I am not sure what is the proper way, like i said we bought new tensioners and they were opposite from what we had. Hope this helps. Scott
    Remember no one is perfect no matter how good we are!

Comment

Comment

what id assume is happening is when tensioner gets under load from having a ball hit the paddle, and then no stress when the ball is gone. . .slack develops in the belt and it pops. just add more tension to it somehow to take up all slack.

Comment

I run the tension springs to the plate between 2 backend motors.....the holes pull thru in the ball lift plate anyway....I have never experienced the belts popping off.

JK

Comment

Personally, I make the machine run the way it was designed and I have no problems. there are a lot of new parts or as I like to call them gimicks. They may run for a while but most of these type of new "to good to be true" parts have lots more problems than you started out with in the first place.

-----------------------
            Remember: Don't make a mountain out of a molehill.

Comment

Wake up.......the Humpback is more than a gimmick.

Comment

Originally posted by 82/70 king:
                Wake up.......the Humpback is more than a gimmick.
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Good Morning [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] ...more like a Jerry Rig [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img] :p

Where's Dutch? He would have the correct answers.

I think Dutch had all humpy's at Hilton and None at Greenbrae, Now. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img]
                If at first you don't succeed, try, try, again. Then quit. There's no use being a damn fool about it.&quot; -W.C.Fields

Comment

JERRY-RIG ?????????? GIMMICK ?????????

I have humpbacks on 14 of my lanes. ( I plan on putting them on last 4 lanes this summer)Since we installed the humbacks my balls calls went down to almost ZERO. With kickers we couldnt use any balls under 10 pounds(and they gave us problems). Now we have 6 pound stuff. I hardly call them a jerry-rig or a gimmick.
                  As for the belt problem.
                  Check both shafts that go into the side of the machine. part # 000-029-605 &amp; 000-029-697. Make sure no wobble or play in them. Then check all your bushing for wear. Check to see if all the pulley's are straight. The reduction pulley's are highly recomended. In the pic above you can see how they added a spring to prevent stalling. I would recomend something like this. But would get the clip that mounts there instead of just hooking a spring to the hanger arm. The part # for the clip is 070-011-109. I think stahl's make a clip that you dont have to remove the shaft to install. One other thing to watch for is alot of play in the ball lift.Weak shock letting the lift slap down. Alot of wear in the sleeve bushing's letting the lift bounce side to side.
                  Even a old dog can bury a bone

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by old-school-mechanic:
                    [QB]JERRY-RIG ?????????? GIMMICK ?????????

All's I'm Saying....double thickness rail covers solve this problem. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] Old-School; kickers? You've already missed the boat. By the time you read this message we will either be blowing or suc [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] king the balls back.
                    If at first you don't succeed, try, try, again. Then quit. There's no use being a damn fool about it.&quot; -W.C.Fields

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by felix:
                      [QB][QUOTE]Originally posted by old-school-mechanic:

All's I'm Saying....double thickness rail covers solve this problem. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] Old-School; kickers? You've already missed the boat.

From the amount of e-mail I received on my old used kickers. I'd say alot of houses still use them. I tryed them double thick rail covers. They come apart along where the ball rolls. Split the whole way up. To dang soft.

Comment

[quote]Originally posted by old-school-mechanic:
                        [QUOTE]Originally posted by felix:
                        [QB]
                        Originally posted by old-school-mechanic:

All's I'm Saying....double thickness rail covers solve this problem. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] Old-School; kickers? You've already missed the boat.

From the amount of e-mail I received on my old used kickers. I'd say alot of houses still use them. I tryed them double thick rail covers. They come apart along where the ball rolls. Split the whole way up. To dang soft.
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">..AGREE [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

EGGSACTLY; You Missed the Boat with the PBL's
                        [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]

Kickers have to be atleast 25 years behind the times :p

Comment

From the amount of e-mail I received on my old used kickers. I'd say alot of houses still use them. I tryed them double thick rail covers. They come apart along where the ball rolls. Split the whole way up. To dang soft.[/qb][/QUOTE]..AGREE [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

EGGSACTLY; You Missed the Boat with the PBL's
                          [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]

Kickers have to be atleast 25 years behind the times :p

Cant see how not having hardly any ball calls is missing the boat. But to each his own.

Comment

You'll Get by For Now...Lets See What ya have for later. :p

Question?? Do you even need kickers? [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img]

Comment

humpbacks i got rid of mine only have one left we had one last a year one that is still one and its been there about 2 months and another that lasted 2 weeks i liked the idea behind them but they wear way too fast belt poping off light ball not going in they just seemed to be a major head ache [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif[/img] the one that is still on and has been there 2 moths is already showing premachure wear and i know i installed them to a T but with no luck i have the old orange belts on some of my other lanes that are older than dirt and run with no calls in a month mabey one if that.

scotty

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Approach Wear - DBA IQ/Anvilane

Our approach panels have a lot of wear at the joint between the first approach panel and the approach/heads panel. Nearly every one has the printed image worn through to various...

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                              our technician is working full time on another...
                              Working...
                              X