Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dizzy belt length...CRS !!!

CRS has set in...what's the length of a dizzy belt cut from a bulk roll ?

118" "comes to mind",,but ,that's not saying much !!

THX !!
    I never had a "10" ;..but ,one night after closing,..I did five " 2's" !

Re: Dizzy belt length...CRS !!!

Originally posted by Pindecked:
    CRS has set in...what's the length of a dizzy belt cut from a bulk roll ?

118" "comes to mind",,but ,that's not saying much !!

THX !!
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">116.25" for the thin stuff (White OEM and Blue from Vantage)
    117.25" For the thicker rough top stuff (Black, Stahls, and the New AMF Greay Grip stuff).
    "Where are we going, and why are we in a hand basket?"

--Kat

Comment

Or 114" if you have a trainee using a 4ft ruler to measure the belt, he assumed it was 50" long. Measured 2x50" + 18 and marked it out on the floor. Then spent the next hour trying to join it, well it never happened. At first he was upset when i doublre checked the belt.

Comment

I have been using the thick belt from Quality and cutting them at 117 and 5/8. Just grind enough rubber off the ends to get the fasteners on. Usually about 1/4 inch. If you go farther than that they tend to jump when they go around the idler pulley.

Comment

117 5/8".

What's happenin' Paul!!! Say hi to Tim &amp; Doug for me!

-Chad

Comment

By the "book"...116 1/4 +or- 1/4 inch. Rough top belts...add 1 inch. This measurement is done without lacing.

Now I'm sure the experienced mechanics have come up with exceptions to this...I would love to know why there are exceptions.

Remember...I've just started on these machines and I know "squat"...or at least only what I've learned in the school we are having.

I really like this machine so far...but I'm not sure if I'm ready to give up my "B"'s just yet... [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]
            TSM & TSM Training Development
            Main Event Entertainment
            480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

Originally posted by JBEES:
              Now I'm sure the experienced mechanics have come up with exceptions to this...I would love to know why there are exceptions.
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The thicker the belt is, the bigger the bend is around the belt rollers... you have to add the extra to account for the bigger bends, or the belt will be too short. AMF's "book" measurement was based on using the thin AMF distributor belt, which is only about 1/2 as thick as some of the the 'rough top' or 'high grip' belts. The new thicker belts didn't exist then, so the manual writers never put measurement adjustments in it to account for different belting material.
              <span style="font-style: italic">Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis</span>

Comment

So Kat is correct?
                Main Event Entertainment

Comment

Yes, Kat is correct... At least as far as I'm concerned.

Comment

im a 16 &amp; 1/2er but grey rough tops ive been 17incher, woohoo!!!!

Comment

Whoa...a little more info than I needed to know...lol
                      Main Event Entertainment

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                      widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                      1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                      First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                      our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                      Working...
                      X