Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pillow Block Straps

Was wondering if there was anyway to tell when the pillow block straps are going to break. I had 3 break this season so far, 2 table - 1 sweep.
    I've gone thru twice looking for cracks in the straps, but didn't see any.
    Thanks in advance
    Jim H

Re: Pillow Block Straps

I dont know of any secret way.... But like most things. They all where put on at the same time. Dont be surprised if this problem go's across the house. Might make sure you always have a few more extra spares.
    Even a old dog can bury a bone

Comment

Jim, We check the blocks when oiling and greasing the front ends and I give them a quick look anytime I'm working out front. I don't ever remember finding a cracked one yet. Stuff happens. Fred
      "Gun control is the policy of tyrants"
      Rep. Rob Bishop (R-UT)

Comment

i check them quarterly and also anytime i climb into a machine most of the time ill catch them before they break not always though sometimes they break before i can get to check them usually only once in a while not very often though.

the reason i check them quarterly is to see if both the bolts in each pillow block is good and tight this helps to prevent the premachure wear on them.

scotty

Comment

I should have known better than to reply to this subject. Last night they lost a sweep pillow block!
          "Gun control is the policy of tyrants"
          Rep. Rob Bishop (R-UT)

Comment

coors has a hair stuck in his crotch. look, just inspect all your strap blocks every hour, every lane, and the odds of you being caught with a broken strap block are close to none

Comment

unles its a table then you are FUBAR'ed. please tell me some other mechanic can explain the expression FUBAR'ed

Comment

Originally posted by Coors:
                unles its a table then you are FUBAR'ed. please tell me some other mechanic can explain the expression FUBAR'ed
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The correct form is FUBAR'd [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

And yes..... the table's the bad one. I managed to change one once without the help of a jack or other prop on the torque tube (it involves a little contortion of the body and a few choice adjectives [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] ).

Only thing worse is repairing the weld on the front frame weldment by the left block.
                -- Larry

Comment

I had to change out one on the table tube that broke during a league... there is one trick that makes it a bit easier to do by yourself. I found it by accident, while trying to figure out just what the heck I was going to do with it to get it fixed:

Lay a couple pins or a couple blocks of wood down on the deck, then carefully crank the table down into spotting position... the weight of the table assembly rests on the pins/blocks and takes a little bit of the backbreak out of it. By cranking a bit one way or the other, you can position the tube a heck of a lot easier without the weight of the table pulling down on it.
                  <span style="font-style: italic">Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis</span>

Comment

Originally posted by Coors:
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">FUBAR = ****ed Up Beyond All Recognition. WWII expression.

Jim
                    Necessity IS NOT the mother of invention. Laziness IS the mother of invention.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                    widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                    Working...
                    X