Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem signaling

Dear colleagues.

Our center is equiped with 10 mp 82-90 chassis' These chassis contain a small LCD screen which shows the actual action or state of protection of the machine.
    For example LCD screen shows:
    - wait for ball
    - strike (strike cycle)
    - table motor off (table motor not connected)
    - run sweep down (sweep goes guard position)
    - wait for table up (table not at home position)
    - gripper protect (Gripperframeswitch circuit is not closed)
    - crash (interlock, table and sweep cam switch both deactivated)
    - OS (off spot switch activated, sweep down)
    These information can be very usefull for our mechanics, specially the students working in our center.
    OK what's the point?
    Lots of these chassis have some problems, not working buttons, stuckin relays, defective motherboards etc. Repairing these chassis is very costly and spends lots of time. We send them from the Netherlands to UK to repair them. My boss has the idea to rebuild these chassis by a company in the Netherlands. This means a replacement of the whole intern electronics to a new PLC. This without any LCD.

I think this replacement is not a problem for me but lots of those students working in here, conditioned to the existing display information, will walk around with a question mark when a machine has a gripper protection/ interlock protection without information on LCD.
    Am I too concerned about this? One of our chassis has already a defective diplay. And some of my colleagues concluded wrong by confusing a gripper protect machine stop with a OS stop.
    -

Re: Problem signaling

WOW
    I have never even SEEN one of those before. Looks like something out of star wars.
    Even a old dog can bury a bone

Comment

Re: Problem signaling

Install an 82/70 ss chassis upgrade [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
      widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
      Working...
      X