Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ball lift (shock replacement)

We replaced our ball lift shocks and spring extension with this spring 31 years ago. If memory serves me right this spring was a replacement (from AMF) for the short kicker spring. It stretched from the kicker idler arm, forward of the belt tensioner to the lower ball lift link shaft.
    I have checked with AMF on this spring and Carl said they have no record of ever stocking or selling it. At any rate it has the same tensile strength and is 12" long from end to end. We have had no adverse effects from using this application.
    This direct downward pressure would probably help you guys that have the mumpbacks.

Re: Ball lift (shock replacement)

Looks like a front roller support spring!

Comment

This is when I wish I had a digital camera. I tryed that type of modification. Had the balls shooting out like a morter (looks mispelled).Balls never even touched down ramp or was hitting cage. What works better is to get the extension rod #070-011-034 for PBL system & spring #000-026-031. Drill a hole in the spring holder plate #000-024-716 Right in the middle of the 2 that are already there for your drive belt pully spring's. Get a 3/8" piece of shaft. Cut it about 9", Grind both ends so they are flat. About 1/2" on both ends,Depending on your machine gap. Put rod extension thru spring holder plate. Attach spring to rod. Take your shaft & hold it vertical slip thru spring, pull back & turn horiz. when you get past the machine. Make sure flat part of shaft lay's against the machine. Makes so the shaft cant move side to side. Beats anything I have seen. Even the chains that hump-backs use with they're system.
      Even a old dog can bury a bone

Comment

Originally posted by Dutch:
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Boy if it is. I'm surprised the bowler are not catching the balls as they come down. I'd think they'd launch out of the return. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img]
        Even a old dog can bury a bone

Comment

kingram,
          the number of the long spring is 030 002 556, it was used for the carpet drive belt tension on the old ball door lifts.
          if things aren't going right just use a bigger hammer! DIRT

Comment

Originally posted by Dutch:
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Dutch,
            This spring is the exact same spring as the short kicker spring (with the same tensile strength, wire size and everything). It's just 12" long.
            Ken

Comment

Originally posted by the old dirt man:
              kingram,
              the number of the long spring is 030 002 556, it was used for the carpet drive belt tension on the old ball door lifts.
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Thanks for the number dirt.
              When we installed our PBL's in 77 the lower ball lift kit came with 3" sheaves, which really sped the ball return up. We had no trouble with launching balls on the 30's but when we installed our 90's, I put the 3" sheaves on them and that's when ball launching began. I changed the sheaves back to 5" and we have had no trouble on the 90's since. I just assumed everyone out there was running 5" sheaves on their 70's or 90's or else I would have addressed this. Seems the 30 upsweep is a bit steeper than the 70.

For Dutch. If that had been a front roller bracket spring we could have sold it for a more accurate scud launcher. LOL

Comment

Might also be the spring at the table-spot gears of a 30 machine.

This one(thank you Felix):

Martin
                So it goes.

Comment

Thanks guys, I am fairly new to this. I have worked for Fever at SVL now off and on for 4 years, and last summer we came to a few agreements and I moved there FT from my industrial maintenance position of 17 years. Lot less stress (and $$ [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif[/img] ) but I'm ok with both. I consider myself a B mech striving to be an A. I work 2nd fiddle, and I'm fine with that since $h!t rolls down hill and plan on sharing and pickin' your guys brains as often as possible. I emailed someone about this topic, and appreciate seeing any type of response [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] . Thanks!
                  And always remember guys,
                  I would rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]
                  It's been awhile but I have much more to share!!!

Comment

The Dirt Man nailed this one. When we pulled our 30's, I saved every spring that I could find.
                    We use them as kicker helpers or by themselves as kicker springs. They also work well as B.E. guard keepers.
                    The table gear spring was bigger and stronger.
                    &quot;Gun control is the policy of tyrants&quot;
                    Rep. Rob Bishop (R-UT)

Comment

We run the same springs on our 30s lifts like Kingram. They work great!

Comment

I was at a center a while back that was having trouble with a Humpy. I looked at and saw the shock was about to fall off. Tightened it up and that seemed to fix it.
                        I bought PBL's for my 30's last summer. When I removed them (bought from a closing center) they had a carpet tensioner spring hooked like in the pics above. I have had to only run one like that. The thing I found was that whomever put the PBL's in did not get the lower bracket on straight and the lift would not move up and down freely, hence the spring.
                        I too have scrapped 30's [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif[/img] and saved every last spring I could find.
                        Gene Simmons for president!!!

Comment

Reminds me of the old spring-driven widebelt vertical lifts of yesteryear... [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img] Creeeakkkkk...BANG BANG BANG...
                          <span style="font-style: italic">Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis</span>

Comment

You know, I may be mistaken, but I think AMF's pressure kit was designed to do the same thing.. It replaces the old thin bracket (in the top link) with a thicker one, and then has a front roller spring, chain, and turnbuckle that replaces the small spring and rod running to the the back. (goes right next to the ratchet belt tension spring) it comes with the Mini PBL kit (at least with AMF's)

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                            widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                            Working...
                            X