Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rocket rails

Splitting this off from the humpback discussion,
    what problem does anyone have with the rocket rails?
    Been thinking about giving them a shot since they can be put on without pulling the rods out. Some of ours are nearly impossible to remove due to stripped out allenheads. We have the really old style I guess, with the rubber block and wood track at the top. Coors put a good pic of them on here a while ago.

Went back and found it. It's in the humpback post from Coors.

Re: Rocket rails

I'm using them on Spectrum Lifts and they are working great. No more spinners. Haven't used them in the back.

Pete

Comment

I have Rocket Rails on humpbacks and PBL's. Work great with the humpbacks, don't work at all with the PBL's. Good luck
      My mom always said there was one crazy person on every bus,... but I could never find him.

Comment

Have rocket rails on our humpback and kickers. Best thing ever for old balls. No yo yo anymore.

Comment

?What are rocket rails? [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img]
          Give the most difficult task to the laziest workers. They will eventually find the easiest possible way of getting it done!

Comment

RGP; ?What are rocket rails? I'm Not going to bother xplainig..Thicker Up Rails..Period. :p
            If at first you don't succeed, try, try, again. Then quit. There's no use being a damn fool about it." -W.C.Fields

Comment

I made my own rocket rail. Just buy the black
              AMF rail covers, cut a slit in them and wrap them around the existing cover. I've done this to my pbls and my spectrum lifts up front and solved many headaches. They fit tight enough that the don't fall off or move either. Also, has anyone tried the thick covers from JCP? Are they any good?
              Give me a hammer and some duct tape and I can fix it!

Comment

Felix; Thanx, that was all I ask! Was there an attitude there? I just ask a question.
                Give the most difficult task to the laziest workers. They will eventually find the easiest possible way of getting it done!

Comment

Originally posted by RGP:
                  Felix; Thanx, that was all I ask! Was there an attitude there? I just ask a question.
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Sorry Rgp; didn't mean it to sound that way. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img] But the oversized covers and no ties are the way to go. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]
                  If at first you don't succeed, try, try, again. Then quit. There's no use being a damn fool about it.&quot; -W.C.Fields

Comment

posted March 31, 2004 09:48 AM
                    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:
                    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Originally posted by RGP:

Sorry Rgp; didn't mean it to sound that way. But the oversized covers and no ties are the way to go.
                    I agree. We have the OS covers all the up with the the kickers but as we convert to PBL's I am cutting them about 1/2 way with the smaller ones the rest of the way up. It works fine and we save on cost. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/usflag.jpg[/img]

Comment

im still using stock standard amf rail covers
                      can't say ive had any problems
                      First you clean it
                      then you lube it
                      then you clean it
                      then you adjust it
                      then you clean it
                      then you clean it some more

Comment

You guys won't believe this but I inherited a center where the guy before me used Brunswick gum rubber lift rod cover the entire length.

The bottom 12 inches on every rail was wrapped in duct tape because of the splitting.
                        -- Larry

Comment

You guys won't believe this but I inherited a center where the guy before me used Brunswick gum rubber lift rod cover the entire length.
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">It’s not that uncommon, I have probably done that to over 200 machines. The key is to use the original black AMF cover on the bottom 3 inches and use a steak knife or hack saw and taper the gum cover down over about 4”‘s to meet flush with the black cover.
                          I probably sell 3-6 50’ box’s of cover a month to different AMF houses as well. The first center I did it to was 12 years ago and it’s still there with out any problems.

Charlie [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
                          Please buy MADE IN USA!

Comment

Originally posted by 8270 pinspotter:
                            I made my own rocket rail. Just buy the black
                            AMF rail covers, cut a slit in them and wrap them around the existing cover. I've done this to my pbls and my spectrum lifts up front and solved many headaches. They fit tight enough that the don't fall off or move either. Also, has anyone tried the thick covers from JCP? Are they any good?
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">We bought 5 sets of the JCP "red riders" installed them a month ago with no more problems. We have humpback returns, and the problems we were having was balls spinning up the rails. We also were having a lot of undergrounds and call me crazy but they seem to be helping in the underground problem too.
                            We plan on installing the "Red riders" on all 24 lanes. They are easy to install and work great in my opinion.
                            Remember no one is perfect no matter how good we are!

Comment

rocket rails rule

i reckon the cable tie issue is a bit dodgy, but the rails perform sensationallly

if they converted them into a tube, i would 100% endorse them, instead they only rate a 95%, losing 5% for them ugly cable ties

reminds me of these guys with insulation tape all over their wires, yukky!!!
                              i don't need mods, i am a bloody genius

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                              Working...
                              X