Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newcomer

I am a newcomer to working at lanes, although I have been around them for my whole life. My friends parents owned lanes, so I would help out here or there, fixing pin jams, filling pop machines, stuff like that. This past year I finally started actually working for them, and a few times I have found myself stumped.

This year, we added 8 new lanes ( seperate from our 12 other lanes, which is divided by a wall ). We got all used 82-70's, and they have not worked entirely right since the day we first bowled on them. This past weekend. We were having troubles with lane 1. What would happen, is the sweep would come down, sweep back, and get caught on the end of the lane, like it would fall into the pit, so the table would just continually just pick up the pins and set them, and repeat. What would cause this? Would the sweep be over adjusted and sweeping back too far?

Re: Newcomer

Originally posted by YoungBowler04:
    I am a newcomer to working at lanes, although I have been around them for my whole life. My friends parents owned lanes, so I would help out here or there, fixing pin jams, filling pop machines, stuff like that. This past year I finally started actually working for them, and a few times I have found myself stumped.

This year, we added 8 new lanes ( seperate from our 12 other lanes, which is divided by a wall ). We got all used 82-70's, and they have not worked entirely right since the day we first bowled on them. This past weekend. We were having troubles with lane 1. What would happen, is the sweep would come down, sweep back, and get caught on the end of the lane, like it would fall into the pit, so the table would just continually just pick up the pins and set them, and repeat. What would cause this? Would the sweep be over adjusted and sweeping back too far?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I wish I could help you but I can't Im a former Brunswick guy with no expereince on AMF's.....
    But you came to the right place, the people here at BowlTech are great, know their stuff, and won't hesitate to answer your questions.
    * this space left blank intentionally *

Comment

try shortening your main sweep drive link to 10 1/8 inchens
      First you clean it
      then you lube it
      then you clean it
      then you adjust it
      then you clean it
      then you clean it some more

Comment

WangJ
        Member # 1283

posted April 01, 2004 07:08 PM
        --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        hey mekanic

Here are the instructions i got from stahls for adjusting a sweep and they have worked every time for smoothing out a sweep.

They are as follows..........

1. Crank the sweep as high as it will go at the 0 position. Using the long rod on each side of the sweep arms (not sure the part #), adjust them so that each side of the sweep is 23.5 inches off the pindeck from the 1-2 board. Make sure to tighten the jam nuts back up.

2. Crank sweep to 66 guard position. Using the long threaded link on each side, 15/16" nut, adjust the sweep to be 5/16" off the gutter for each side. Again make sure to tighten the nut back up.

3. Crank sweep to 4 5 6 row, and adjust the saddles on each side of the frame of the machine so that the sweep is 5/16" off the pin deck on each side. Lower the saddle to raise the sweep and raise the saddle to lower the sweep. If you need more height on either side, you can add washers behind the rubber bumper on the telescoping link.

4. Crank the sweep as far back as it will go just until it starts to come forward again. Adjust the main rod coming off the sweep crank arm so that the back edge of the sweep is lined up with teh back edge of the 7 and 10 pin spots.
        Again remember to tighten things back up.

That should smooth out the sweep. Dont forget to check your cams for proper stopping positions.

Wang
        If at first you don't succeed, try, try, again. Then quit. There's no use being a damn fool about it.&quot; -W.C.Fields

Comment

WangJ
          Member # 1283

posted April 01, 2004 07:08 PM
          --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          hey mekanic

Here are the instructions i got from stahls for adjusting a sweep and they have worked every time for smoothing out a sweep.

They are as follows..........

1. Crank the sweep as high as it will go at the 0 position. Using the long rod on each side of the sweep arms (not sure the part #), adjust them so that each side of the sweep is 23.5 inches off the pindeck from the 1-2 board. Make sure to tighten the jam nuts back up.

2. Crank sweep to 66 guard position. Using the long threaded link on each side, 15/16" nut, adjust the sweep to be 5/16" off the gutter for each side. Again make sure to tighten the nut back up.

3. Crank sweep to 4 5 6 row, and adjust the saddles on each side of the frame of the machine so that the sweep is 5/16" off the pin deck on each side. Lower the saddle to raise the sweep and raise the saddle to lower the sweep. If you need more height on either side, you can add washers behind the rubber bumper on the telescoping link.

4. Crank the sweep as far back as it will go just until it starts to come forward again. Adjust the main rod coming off the sweep crank arm so that the back edge of the sweep is lined up with teh back edge of the 7 and 10 pin spots.
          Again remember to tighten things back up.

That should smooth out the sweep. Dont forget to check your cams for proper stopping positions.

Wang
          If at first you don't succeed, try, try, again. Then quit. There's no use being a damn fool about it.&quot; -W.C.Fields

Comment

Felix second post is for lane 2.
            So it goes.

Comment

lol, as said, back the sweep travel off some with the short fat rod, too much travel will cause the sweep to collapse into the pit
              All I want in life is to turn wrenches and climb around pinsetters/pinspotters again :/

Comment

Felix loves them double post's
                I think he's working on his post count. The way he double post's everything you'd think he get's a kick-back on every post. lmao [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] :p
                Even a old dog can bury a bone

Comment

Thanks... the lanes have been nothing but trouble, mainly due to the fact that the people we hired to install them did one crappy job and took a lot of shortcuts. Plus the fact that we forgot to wipe the surlyn off the new pins we put in so we have had pinjams galore . Oh well. I have been hanging around here in the shadows for weeks, finally yesterday i decided to register [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img] .

Comment

Thanks... the lanes have been nothing but trouble, mainly due to the fact that the people we hired to install them did one crappy job and took a lot of shortcuts. Plus the fact that we forgot to wipe the surlyn off the new pins we put in so we have had pinjams galore . Oh well. I have been hanging around here in the shadows for weeks, finally yesterday i decided to register [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img] .
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Welcome aboard! Post any problems you have here, theres a lot of VERY knowledgeable people on here who will help ya thru almost anything [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
                    All I want in life is to turn wrenches and climb around pinsetters/pinspotters again :/

Comment

Plus the fact that we forgot to wipe the surlyn off the new pins
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I hate it when that happens!!! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Coors:
                        </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by YoungBowler04:
                        Plus the fact that we forgot to wipe the surlyn off the new pins
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I hate it when that happens!!! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That surlyn is hard to get off.

Comment

Yep...real hard. But it will wear off all by itself after about...lets say...12,000 lines...LOL [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]
                          TSM & TSM Training Development
                          Main Event Entertainment
                          480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

Originally posted by JBEES:
                            Yep...real hard. But it will wear off all by itself after about...lets say...12,000 lines...LOL [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Or 30 seconds for a Brunswick turnpan jam when they get pushed into the drive belts... [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif[/img]

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                            widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                            1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                            First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                            our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                            Working...
                            X