Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First ball cycle

On the first ball cycle I have a table that is coming down and the spotting cups are hitting the top of the standing pins pretty hard. I've checked all my table height adjustments and they all look good. What am I over looking?

Working for the Military I've got a tight budget and can't afford to be replacing spotting cups all the time. Could somebody PLEASE help me out!!

Kenny
    Lifes to short to stress on little things.

Re: First ball cycle

Is the machine spotting the pins well on 2nd ball? Are they on spot? To stop the cups from hitting the pins on respot you'll have to adjust your cup tilt (dunno the numbers but it's in the front of the table on the left side looking from the front; near the big spring) there should be a 9/16 locknut there and a square headed bolt, loosen the locknut and unscrew the bolt to tilt them back more. Just be careful doing so, check all your spotting after, if you move it enough the pins will move offspot a little and you may have to go through all your spotting adjustments again if it starts dropping pins or making them wobble, if it's not too too bad all you may have to do is just adjust that cup tilt. Good luck!
    All I want in life is to turn wrenches and climb around pinsetters/pinspotters again :/

Comment

Ooops, double post. Sorry
      All I want in life is to turn wrenches and climb around pinsetters/pinspotters again :/

Comment

Pins are spotting great on second cycle.

I'm going to give adjustment you gave me a shot.

Thanx!!

Comment

Originally posted by AIR FORCE MECH:
          Pins are spotting great on second cycle.

I'm going to give adjustment you gave me a shot.

Thanx!!
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Like I was saying you can definately get the cups to stop hitting by adjusting the cup tilt just make sure it's still spotting properly on 2nd ball after doing this, as the cup tilt bolt is what starts the table yoke moving away when it spots pins, keep up posted [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Rep...You are the man.

That solved my problem. I had to re-adjust the toe and that was it after I made the adjustment...all is working GREAT now.

One day as being a member of Bowl Tech and already got some great advice.

Just think! You just saved you and all of us tax payers some money...lol

Thanx
            Kenny
            Beale AFB, Ca.

Comment

lol, glad to hear it worked! We're always here, and thats what makes this site so great, someone somewhere will know the fix, and post it. Great bunch of guys here, everyone knows I think the world of BT, it's helped me many many times [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

If this problem persists.Do the following instead of making the distance from the rear of the table to the rear of the 7 - 10 spots at 8" move the table back to 8 1/4" or 8 1/2" .This has the effect of moving all the cups back behind the spots and you reset the yoke and this brings the cups up at zero in a more parallel position. This means that when it comes down to respot it does not hit the head of the pin and also helps in a double shuttle problem as well. Keeping the cups flatter under the bin.Try this sometime and you will be amazed, this i know is fact.When i go into older centres or military ones to bring machines up to a better standard , you see the cups hitting the heads of the pins and noone bothers until they start knocking the pins over or moving them from the original position.
                Good luck , post a reply to me if this is not clear. Or send an email to my bowltech address.
                [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img] [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Approach Wear - DBA IQ/Anvilane

Our approach panels have a lot of wear at the joint between the first approach panel and the approach/heads panel. Nearly every one has the printed image worn through to various...

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                our technician is working full time on another...
                Working...
                X