Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spectrum belts

Im not completely happy with the black 4" Spectrum belt that AMF sells. The balls come back everytime so that is not the problem, the problem is the back of the belt is getting torn up really quick. It's as if the back of the belt is melting and the rubber is gumming up into clumps causing exessive noise.

I'm wondering if there is another vendor who makes a good belt. The original green belt was great. I would appreciate any leads.

thanks in advance

Mike

Re: Spectrum belts

at my current little install job, thats all i have on these spectrums.

the only real issue i have seen with them, is basically, the unit is too much like a surepik, urethane rail covers hate oil and the brakes need washing in hot water and lane wash, then scrubbed with a wire brush and then dried off

i know your having no problems with the running, as for the black belts, i am just crying for a distributor going back to good old rubber, the black belts that amf are using seem to glaze really quickly, in spectrum belts and BALL LIFT [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img] belts

give me a c90 anyday and the original gates orange belt anyday

and if you offer me a vantage belt, i'll whip you with it
    i don't need mods, i am a bloody genius

Comment

I've been having the same problem with the AMF belts. I've also got some that were too short. I mean you could barely get the thing on, and when you did the tension was so tight it broke the springs. Now, I'm not a real big fan of Vantage, but I did get a couple of their spectrum belt, and they are doing great. They grip the balls very well, and the back of the belt actually stays on the belt. Also a little trick I've been using for spinning balls in these lifts, for anyone that has this problem. Take a rail cover and cut a slit in it the whole way up. Then wrap it around the existing cover and you will not have anymore spinning balls. I've been doing this for years and it has saved me alot of headaches.
      Give me a hammer and some duct tape and I can fix it!

Comment

Love those spinners. I only have 12 lanes but I need six monkeys just to get ball calls...lol

I have the AMF belts as well and I'm having the same problem. I tried that trick with the double rail covers just last night and it worked great, I took a house ball and covered it in lane oil and the ball still returned every time. The double rail covers is the way to go...Save lots of $$$$$.
        Lifes to short to stress on little things.

Comment

I wanted to share the latest info about the problem with the Spectrum belt. I called Carl at AMF to discuss the problem. Little did I know he watches whats going on on Bowl-Tech. When he saw the problems we were having he immediately called a meeting with his people to correct this problem.

He called my center and asked me to send one of my bad belts in by Monday.

Kudos to AMF for this awesome Customer Service. Carl showed so much interest and care that it was a joy to talk with him. One last thing before I go: If anyone is having problems with any of AMF's parts please call Carl immediately, we will all benefit.

Mike

Comment

Just out of curiosity, any one with Sure-Piks have that problem with the black belts? They grab the balls great but the "V" underneath wears fast for us, certain pairs we're putting a new belt in every few months cuz of the "V" wearing so thin the belt rides to the side and then totally off the top pulley. A little off topic as you guys were discussing Spectrums, but just curious
            All I want in life is to turn wrenches and climb around pinsetters/pinspotters again :/

Comment

Originally posted by Rep:
              Just out of curiosity, any one with Sure-Piks have that problem with the black belts? They grab the balls great but the "V" underneath wears fast for us, certain pairs we're putting a new belt in every few months cuz of the "V" wearing so thin the belt rides to the side and then totally off the top pulley. A little off topic as you guys were discussing Spectrums, but just curious
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Rep, not sure about the Sur-Pik but the black ball lift belt I just put in is shooting rubber all over a pair of my machines. Carl at AMF said the black belts are rubber backed, and that they just went to the "v" belt (instead of cogged) and that they are canvased backed now.

Comment

The canvas backing must be to counter a problem we have been having with the shurpik lift belts:

Certain black belts (like the AMF "cogged v" black belts, and some of the Vantage belts shriek like a banshee when running... I threw 2 belts on a while ago, and within a day, they were screaming like crazy... loud enough in one case to be heard in the back. No problem with operation... they picked up balls without any hesitation or slipping. I checked and rechecked the lifts and found nothing wrong. When the black belts were replaced with blue ones (a Vantage belt if I'm correct), the noise stopped completely.

I found that the noise can be stopped by simply patting the back of the belt with a cloth that has a little talcum powder on it, or a pro-slide bag... doesn't hurt the operation of the lift, and at least gets it to shut the hell up until the league is over and it can be changed out.

It has to be something with the way the belt rides on the pulleys... I did notice that the V-groove of the noisy belts isn't as high as the others that run quietly... I was thinking that the tension warps the belt down as it rides on the pulley, and causes it to squeak... but it's just a guess.

We just got 2 of those canvas/fabric-backed belts... we'll see what they do.
                <span style="font-style: italic">Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis</span>

Comment

[quote]We just got 2 of those canvas/fabric-backed belts... we'll see what they do.[quote/]

G, please keep us posted on the new style belts, shouldn't take long to tell if they work better than the cogged.

Comment

Originally posted by 8270 pinspotter:
                    I've been having the same problem with the AMF belts. I've also got some that were too short. I mean you could barely get the thing on, and when you did the tension was so tight it broke the springs. Now, I'm not a real big fan of Vantage, but I did get a couple of their spectrum belt, and they are doing great. They grip the balls very well, and the back of the belt actually stays on the belt. Also a little trick I've been using for spinning balls in these lifts, for anyone that has this problem. Take a rail cover and cut a slit in it the whole way up. Then wrap it around the existing cover and you will not have anymore spinning balls. I've been doing this for years and it has saved me alot of headaches.
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I just recieved a Vantage Spectrum 4" belt. It is built a lot like the old AMF green belt except it is black. The top has good grip and the back side will definetly stay in tact. I installed it a week ago. I think its a keeper.

Just thought you guys would like to know. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

i have Mendes ball returns, the blower fans are crap, but, all i have done to the actual ball returns is change 2 snapped drivebelts on 12 months, both due to people jamming the ball returns with plastic bottles thrown down the exit hole. MAGIC!

mendes bumpers are a pain in the arse, the masking units are boring but extremley well built, never seen one of their pinspotters, but they got the ball returns RIGHT!
                      Want your old pins collecting anywhere in the UK? email me on jezsmith@aol.com

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                      widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                      1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                      First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                      our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                      Working...
                      X