Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PBL ASSY

When pressure is applied to the 450 belt, such as holding a rag against it too clean(slight pressure applied), belt and pulleys will stop. What is the cause for this? Are pulley clutches going out, or is there not enough spring tensionr what? I have my compression set between 4 and 41/2 inches. Does anyone have any ideas??
    To The World You May Be One Person,but To One Person You Might Be The World.

Re: PBL ASSY

It could be both clutches going bad, or the carpet drive belts are slipping. Oil on the belts from a leaking backend motor will cause this.

Pete

Comment

I have a hard time with BOTH clutches going out at the same time. If it does it with only 1 machine running then might be clutch. But both running I doubt it. Check the bottom drive belt pulley. Make sure both set screw's are tight. Might be the pully is spinning on the shaft. That would be my first bet.
      Even a old dog can bury a bone

Comment

go thru a process of elimination, make sure the belts are clear of oil, use a petrochemical thinner on a rag and clean the belts, make sure the springs operating the tensioner pulleys are tight, make sure they are the correct belts and not stretched so that the travel of the tensioner keeps them tight, if the clutches are old and the grease in them has gone hard they wont drive, if the clutch has worn the pulley appeture and is no longer an interfearence fit, it wont drive, if the main ball lift belt tensioning spring is not tight enough it will slip on the bottom drive pulley, if there is lane oil on the main PBL belt, it will slip, check that the carpet drive belts are sat on the pulleys at the base of the PBL correctly, if they are sat on the shaft and not the pulley, they will drive the PBL but not deliver any tourque, just go thru it one item at a time, dont overlook the obvious, let us know if anything above cures it!
        Want your old pins collecting anywhere in the UK? email me on jezsmith@aol.com

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
        widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
        1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
        First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
        our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
        Working...
        X