Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this an enviro??

Recently I have been removing bushings from different parts om my machines that somewhat resemble enviro bushings. They are green like enviros on the area that is pressed in (where it dosent come into contact with a moving part) but the area that the shaft turns in, it turns a pinkish color. Another trait is that when they break (as the often do when driving them out) they have a quality more like fiberglass, similar to the fiber pannels when they break. My question is, are these just worn Enviros? Or they some other type of non metalic busing that I have not yet heard of???

Re: Is this an enviro??

Sounds like enviros to me. Cant think of anything else like that. But then I quit using them after the first one I tryed.
    Even a old dog can bury a bone

Comment

Hi Jim, they don't sound like Enviros to me. If you don't mind could I create a call tag and have one picked up to make sure?

Thanks
      Charlie [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
      Please buy MADE IN USA!

Comment

Jim,

I'll bet a week salary you're talking about the front roller support bushings.

They were from Stahl's. Just before Enviro's came out (or at least just before I became aware of them) Stahl's was selling those. As soon as we tried them, we loved them so much that we ordered enough for most, if not all of the house. You'll probably find them in most the FR supports.

Comment

Dutch.

Yes, thats them. I dont mind them, as long as they dont need to be replaced every 2 years. lol, I have been puting in enviros as I remove them, and pits are all comming apart this summer. So if there not enviros, they will be...

Ed...My pleasure. however, I think Dutch just solved the mystery. If ya want to take a look at one, be my guest. I will let Smokie know that one may be on the way (call tag) It may be a few days before I have another one out, the others hit the can as fast as I could get them there...

Comment

Originally posted by JimDorsin:
            Dutch.

Yes, thats them. I dont mind them, as long as they dont need to be replaced every 2 years. lol, I have been puting in enviros as I remove them, and pits are all comming apart this summer. So if there not enviros, they will be...

Ed...My pleasure. however, I think Dutch just solved the mystery. If ya want to take a look at one, be my guest. I will let Smokie know that one may be on the way (call tag) It may be a few days before I have another one out, the others hit the can as fast as I could get them there...
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Na thats OK...seems like you already have it figured out...just wanted to make sure that there was'nt a problem with the Enviro's.

Thanks guys!

Charlie [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
            Please buy MADE IN USA!

Comment

I'll verify the source being Stahl's also. Just a quick word about the front roller support Enviros:
              Within the bore of the bracket, be sure to file down the grease fitting hole with a burr or small grinding wheel before installing any plastic bushing, to avoid "collapsing" the bushing at that point.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
              our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
              Working...
              X