Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elco Plug Question

Hey guys, I got to use one of my rebuilt chassis tonight, the one on the machine had a contact going to crap so I threw a spare on for the night to get it thru. Ran great, not one call. But one small problem arose, no 2nd ball light. I wiggled the elco and it came on. Which pin in the elco is for the 2nd ball light so I can check/replace the pin. I know one of you guys will know. Thanks in advance [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
    All I want in life is to turn wrenches and climb around pinsetters/pinspotters again :/

Re: Elco Plug Question

Hey Rep

Glad to see you are getting new stuff fixed!

If elco corresponds to the same pins as the C23, you need to check pin 25 for 2nd ball.

Wang

Comment

Don't remember the number, but top row, and I think 3rd from the front (foul line side). If you are careful, you can use a small screwdrive to carefully close the two brass contacts together to make a better connection.
      This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

PM-E25 is second ball. Comes from PC4-7.

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by WangJ:
          Hey Rep

Glad to see you are getting new stuff fixed!

If elco corresponds to the same pins as the C23, you need to check pin 25 for 2nd ball.

Wang
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yup, I got all 6 chassis we had laying around all working again, so we have 3 spares on each side, they were just sitting there collecting dust for so many years so I figured why not take some time while it's quieter and get em usable again. Mainly for something like what happened last night. Thanks for the info guys, I'll check that pin today at work. Rock on BT [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
          All I want in life is to turn wrenches and climb around pinsetters/pinspotters again :/

Comment

1st ball - PM-E24
            2nd ball - PM-E25
            Strike - PM-E26
            Foul - PM-E27
            Common for all of these is PM-E29

Comment

man if you guys saw the way i handled "spares parts" and being prepared for disasters, you would faint. Im what you might call "un-pre-pared." Makes the job a lot more fun when you dont get to just fix it in a flash all the time. Let them see you sweat. Make them love you. Nothing i like better than running up front with tools in the middle of league, fixing stuff for a crowd, sweaty and swearing, and BOOM! yeah its fixed. Whos the man? Thats right. Now get back to bowling , folks. Move along.
              The impossible often has a kind of integrity to it which the merely improbable lacks.

Comment

Originally posted by Dutch:
                1st ball - PM-E24
                2nd ball - PM-E25
                Strike - PM-E26
                Foul - PM-E27
                Common for all of these is PM-E29
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Cheers Dutch! I'll make a note of these, I'm sure someday all will come in handy. Thanks Bud [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

THE ONLY THING YOU ARE GOING TO DO "70-PINMONKEY" IS PISS YOUR CUSTOMERS OFF AND POSSIBLY COST YOUR CENTER LEAGUES WHICH IN RETURN MIGHT COST YOU YOUR JOB. I TOOK A CENTER OVER TWO YEARS AGO FROM A MECHANIC JUST LIKE YOU. THE CENTER WAS ABOUT TO LOSE 50% OF ITS LEAGUES, BECAUSE THE COMPANY PUT UP WITH HIM FOR ABOUT 5 YEARS. HE WAS ONE OF THOSE I KNOW IT ALL, BUT DO NOTHING UNTIL I HAVE TO MECHANICS. LET ME TELL YOU ANOTHER THING, HE NEW NOTHING. HIS WORK ETHIC SUCKED TOO. I AM NOT SAYING THIS IS HOW YOU ARE. JUST WATCH THE WAY YOU RUN YOUR CENTER. PEOPLE WILL ONLY TOLERATE SO MUCH.

Comment

People will tolerate exactly what i tell them too, buckaroo. Ware your high and mighty condescending, its unwarranted and makes you sound a bit foolish. Im sure you're the man and all, but I have a Dad to scold me about how to act. I'll say this, no league has ever had to go home on account of my not being able to fix something.
                    The impossible often has a kind of integrity to it which the merely improbable lacks.

Comment

70monkey...Who are you and why are you here ???

Are you for real or are you just a joke ?

You type a lot of words but you say absolutely nothing worthwhile !

The only one that sounds foolish is you.

How old are you ??....19 ?

I'm a little upset with myself because you made me post this reply. Thought I never would.

Comment

Whats with all the nobility and propriety from you guys? We're all brothers in grease. I think im coming across different than what youre used to because im not using this time to sound like im the greatest mechanic in the world. Im not trying to sound fatherly and omnipotent. Im just a monkey, like you all, who turns wrenches for a living. Calm down, remember the beauties of free speech. In the words of Richard Pryor, "have a coke and a smile and shut the f up." [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Personally, I prefer to fix stuff before it breaks. The nights the bowlers didn't see or hear from me, they were happy.

BTW, that comes from a guy who was not only the tech, but the owner. As "just a bowler", nothing in the world pissed me off more than machinery that didn't run. And having that perspective BEFORE I got into the business was a primary reason why I succeeded.

You can choose to be a fireman, dumping buckets on little fires as they emerge. I'd much rather go buy a hose and be sure the damn fire doesn't get started in the first place

Comment

if i dont start the fires, how the hell am i supposed to roast the weenies??

Comment

Originally posted by *70*PinMonkey:
                              Im just a monkey, like you all, who turns wrenches for a living.
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">First...I don't put myself in the category of being a "monkey". If you wish to be one...more power to you.

Second...a good mechanic doesn't turn wrenches for a living. He inspects, lubricates and adjusts. You may need to turn a few wrenches to get to that point, but eventually the wrenches get a well needed rest.

Originally posted by Alan Meyers:
                              How old are you ??....19 ?
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Alan...I would have guessed 16...
                              TSM & TSM Training Development
                              Main Event Entertainment
                              480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                              our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                              Working...
                              X