Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Omegatek Problem 2

1st ball, 2nd ball and strike lights out. Pinspotter functions normally. Does anyone have more info than that provided for in manual sent with repair kit? Please E-mail me.

Re: Omegatek Problem 2

Check you masking untit connections, If you changed chassis & still have trouble. Then you can forget the chassis. Start looking elsewhere for the problems.
    Even a old dog can bury a bone

Comment

We have a few lanes without 1st ball lights. This is due to the masking unit bulbs having 2 prongs for each bulb and the curtain wall chassis bulbs having one prong for each bulb...and a pinchaser not knowing the difference. Omega Tek boards have the lifetime warranty, so I am just sending them back in and having them repaired. But I doubt this is your problem. You may have lost the common leg for the three lights. Elco plug? What connector is that?

1st ball - PM-E24
      2nd ball - PM-E25
      Strike - PM-E26
      Foul - PM-E27
      Common for all of these is PM-E29

Posted by Dutch in an earlier thread.
      TSM & TSM Training Development
      Main Event Entertainment
      480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

old-school
        I'm confused by the fourth word in you're post. If not just mis-spelling, could be considered as as sadistic.

Comment

Sorry if there was any insult taken from my post. Ment no harm. Still trying to solve problem, tried chassis on different lanes. Isolated problem to Omegatek board.

Comment

I don't see any insult there... looks perfectly fine to me.

I'm going to tentatively agree with old-school... the 1-10 lights and the 1ball-2ball-strike-foul lights have different common leads. If they are all out, look for the 'common factors' first.

Also, even with OT boards, your chassis diodes still need to be in working order to operate the lights in the mask... make sure that they are functioning properly. They're easy to change, cheap, and available at just about any Radio Shack or electronics supply... they're just common switching diodes.

To 'drill down' the problem a little, you could swap the offending chassis' boards into a known-working chassis and run them. If the problem moves with the boards, they may need repair. If not, put the known-working swapped boards into the motherboard of the chassis you're having problems with... if it shows up, it's 99% likely that one or more of the motherboard/chassis components will be at fault.

Welcome to Bowltech! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
            <span style="font-style: italic">Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis</span>

Comment

Originally posted by lostinthe30s:
              old-school
              I'm confused by the fourth word in you're post. If not just mis-spelling, could be considered as as sadistic.
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">masking unit........Sorry.......dont do spell check &amp; never proof read.
              Even a old dog can bury a bone

Comment

WHt iz pruf rede? :p
                Jon [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/usflag.jpg[/img] [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/usflag.jpg[/img] [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/usflag.jpg[/img]
                I've had enough of hope & chains.

Comment

EYe doont knew?

Comment

wAT DU yu giS meeEn =

Comment

you also may want to check the klixon overload switch that is in the chassis that protects pin mask circuits.

shot in the dark but they do go out sometimes
                      jim k.

Comment

Originally posted by jim k:
                        you also may want to check the klixon overload switch that is in the chassis that protects pin mask circuits.

shot in the dark but they do go out sometimes
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Forgot about that. It's an auto reset but they will burn up over time.

Comment

Were iz the speel czeck buttin att aneweyz?
                          Charley
                          82-70's SS Chassis Omega-Tek w/expanders
                          2009 Qubica scoring 3QT's and 6 box.

Comment

Originally posted by FARLEY AMF 70/90XL:
                            Were iz the speel czeck buttin att aneweyz?
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"> Click Here
                            BEER: It's not just for breakfast anymore.

Comment

Thanks for the help. Will try your suggestions.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                              our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                              Working...
                              X