Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 82-70 kick back panels

hey guys, i was just curious if anyone has ever found a faster/better way to replace worn kickback panels (the ones for pin carry, not to cover steel kickbacks). We got some new durabowl ones, and so far its just a hammer, punch, couple crowbars, liquid nail cement, and sander. We can do a lane, both sides, in about an hour and a half. Anyone do anything differently? Nailguns or weird tricks-- i have to do all of them by fall... thanks.
    The impossible often has a kind of integrity to it which the merely improbable lacks.

Re: 82-70 kick back panels

An air chisel with the right type end and a lot of 'soft touch' skills could speed things up!
    If you have access to a ram type hydralic system with a wedge piece, that might help too. The latter will probly be more work than it's worth, but on tough ones, it will be fantastic knuckle saver.
    Good luck!
    It's been awhile but I have much more to share!!!

Comment

Monkey, Air chisels work good but I found that a 6 foot gorilla bar with a spade end will do the trick faster. Once you get it started it goes pretty fast. You can also buy a nailgun for them. I bought one from Grainger for about $350.00. I had to order the nails from a specialty fastner company. They were 1 1/2" hardened twist nails. A little longer than the ones from AMF but they work just fine. I'm sure you are already doing this but Just in case, when you put up new panel offset the nail holes 1/4" up and back from original. I was at this center that the guy didn't do this so you can imagine how much ball damage I had. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif[/img] Any ways good luck with your project.

Comment

While on the subject. What is the best kick-back panel to use ??
        Even a old dog can bury a bone

Comment

I think the AMF Durabowl line is awesome- they come predrilled witha spot for countersunk nail and they are a ONE peice urethane mold, not that phenolic layered crap that bubbles and splits. They are larger than the original panels , too so they will cover up the holes for arrays if you had them.
          The impossible often has a kind of integrity to it which the merely improbable lacks.

Comment

Had them ??????? I STILL got them
            Even a old dog can bury a bone

Comment

Hi Monkey,I have seen them successfully replaced with a staple gun,glue first with contact adhesive than staple,if correct pressure no need to countersink.This of course is not your home hardware staple gun but compressed air type.
              Ours have been on for over 2 years and still look the same.
              willey.
              always doing my best.

Comment

Monkey:
                I feel your pain. I'm in the process of replacing quite a few of mine as well. I don't really have any suggestions to help the installation go faster, but I did learn quickly that holding the nails with needlenose pliers when getting them started is much better than trying to hold them with fat fingers and hitting the wrong nail with the hammer. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] I also recommend safety glasses and gloves when removing them. I've had a few nails flying around when prying the old one off.

Comment

thats hilarious russb, my helper beaned himself in his fat fingers ALL day yesterday, he will lose two fingernails at least and cant hold a pen. I was dying laughing... I did sort of learn that if you can get about half of the panel off and start pulling it away from the wall, with a guy popping the nails, you can usually pull the whole thing off as one piece. Pain the arse to nail em again-- the new Durabowl line has 98 holes.

Comment

Beware the plastic kickback panel. i have posted on this before.They bubble because when the plastic is hit the molecules do not return to their original position and stretch and cause ripples.amf now use the fibre type in the uk and on the new installs i have been doing in europe. The bubble becomes pronounced and can split and a new kick back plate on the wooden kickback has to be installed.
                    MaISTER.

Comment

Fibre ONLY!

Comment

I have AMF machines but I like the Brunswick red phenolic. I havent used them yet but will replace any bad kickbacks with them.

Comment

I have, last week, recived a gray one peice panel from AMF. I'm very suspicious about the quality. Looks like ordinary plastic to me!

They are not predrilled

According to AMF, this is the plate that they have been selling for tha last 10 years without problem, and thats the only panel they have.

My questuion is:
                          1) Anyone has experience of this panel? Is this the plastic panel mention above?
                          2) Anyone knows how DBA panel works(quality)?
                          3) Nails och screws? What is best?
                          When You see the light in the tunnel, You can be damn sure it´s the train!

Comment

Check out the HOGE line, they are not that plastic crap like AMF & Brunswick. You might enjoy the price too.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                            widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                            Working...
                            X