Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• table drive eccentric

Anyone here ever had such problems with the different springs near the table drive eccentric?

Last week we had a problem with machine 8. The 1st to 2nd cycle the table didnt stop at pinhead position. The table fell on the pins heads with the cups.
    We immediately saw the problem: the spring pin was broken in the arm latch.
    After replacing this, the next problem arrived:
    The compression spring that makes the latch fall in the sleeve was lost. A new one had too less compression so I pulled it a little longer. The next problem was the latch didn't pop up anymore beacause of the strong force of the compression spring. When I watches carefully to the eccentric/ spotting solenoid I saw the spring under the solenoid totally compressed when making a 2nd to 1st cycle. Didn't saw this on other machines. After repacing/stretching this spring the machine finally worked correctly.

Isn't it stupid that these machine are really depending on this stupid spring tensions? I really amsaze myself about this we work on such old mechanical stuff.

greetings from Willem, mthe Netherlands

Re: table drive eccentric

My only real complaint about the solenoids is how long they take to replace when the roll pin wont budge. Yknow, the teeny tiny roll pin that makes removing them so easy? When it wont budge , the solenoid can be a pain in the ass when youre in a hurry.
    The impossible often has a kind of integrity to it which the merely improbable lacks.

Comment

I always keep a spare soleniod assembly and a spare eccentric assembly on hand, they take only minutes to change, and it is much easier to change parts in the vice

Comment

You can slide the table drive to close to the Shuttle Bracket Casting and it will rub on the Cam Link which will makes it seem that spring pressure is the problem.

Slide your Table Drive out 1/8" and all should be well.
        Pinspotters do not break down when they are not running!

Comment

If the spring is too short.....the pin goung through the table drive has the holes egged out where the roll pins secure it at each end.....just had one do this a few weeks ago.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
          widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
          Working...
          X