Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Computer control for CT-ZOT Ultra 98 chassis

Several years ago, Creative Technologies offered a computer software-hub system to allow any windows based computer to control the Ultra 98s. This is what the 'accessory' plug would have been used for.

It appears that CT did not offer this product for very long and ZOT is not aware of the product whatsoever.

Has anyone heard of this, or does anyone have it?

Fever [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/usflag.jpg[/img]
    I really enjoy the Simpsons. My problem is that I am starting to look like Homer. Doh!!!

Re: Computer control for CT-ZOT Ultra 98 chassis

yes i remember it, think it was a 16 lane hub with RJ45 connections it looked like. next time im at the center, ill see if i still have the pics of them

Comment

Just keep in mind... it may not be an Ethernet hub just because it has RJ45s on it... the newer serial "cluster boxes" that Unix and other similar systems (as well as proprietary ones) use also have RJ45s on them... but plug them into an ethernet hub and you may just let the proverbial smoke out of something.
      <span style="font-style: italic">Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis</span>

Comment

Yes, ZOT is aware of the HUB System that CTI developed. It was designed to work with the Ultra 98 'Plus' which is programmable to set-up different features and options on the chassis. The HUB would allow one central unit to program all the chassis. This product has been tabled for the time being until ZOT can be sure that all the production equipment works to the best of its abilities.
        P J Rosendahl
        www.bowlingfactoryoutlet.com

Comment

The control hub was simply called "The Hub". It was CTs part no 827017. Its about the size of a AccuScore+ CWC and has 64 ports, each designed to have a home run to the Ultra 98 Plus. It could control 128 lanes by cascading to another hub. Then there is a DB9 Serial cable which goes to the COM port on a PC. It used to retail for $995. (I believe).
          "Where are we going, and why are we in a hand basket?"

--Kat

Comment

Thanks for the research guys.

PJ, let me know if the product comes 'off the table'.

Fever
            I really enjoy the Simpsons. My problem is that I am starting to look like Homer. Doh!!!

Comment

The CTI (Zot) Ultra 98 chassis is a pile of crap. I have two of them, that's all i ever wanted, and they have NEVER worked right. One of them has been back to Zot four times, the other one they had to replace outright because it kept blowing up. Plug and play my butt. Single board MP's forever, forget all the other crap out there.
              The impossible often has a kind of integrity to it which the merely improbable lacks.

Comment

Originally posted by *70*PinMonkey:
                I have two of them, that's all i ever wanted, and they have NEVER worked right.
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">i can understand that feelin. and the fact there's nothin servicable (unless you have a circuit board maker), makes it more frustrating [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/usflag.jpg[/img]

Comment

I also agree that it sucks to not be able to service them, but, our reliabilty has been fantastic compared to our MPs.

Shocking, but true......

Fever

Comment

any bowling softwere is very expencive for windows so your best bet is go linux (free were)

and fing a good linux programmer and get him to write the softwere u need (more stable and it works!!!!)
                    Respect is not given freely
                    it must be <span style="font-weight: bold">EARNED </span>

Comment

Originally posted by SVLFever:
                      I also agree that it sucks to not be able to service them, but, our reliabilty has been fantastic compared to our MPs.

Shocking, but true......

Fever
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I'm with SVL. I have had great reliability witht he CT Ultra 98+ units, but yes, they can be a bummer if the driver board burns up. We check C1 pins on a monthly basis to avoid unnecessary burn ups.
                      In my opinion, the benefits out-weigh the negatives.

To all that hate the Ultras, please send them here...working or not. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
                      "Where are we going, and why are we in a hand basket?"

--Kat

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                      widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                      Working...
                      X