Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DISTRIBUT-OR-TOY

Before you guys get all up in arms about painting components of machines check the Pinsetter AMF-82-30 section and click on 82-30 table rebuild. We have been running those tables for 28 years. We can wipe them down and they look just like they did 28 years ago (brand new).
    The reason I paint components other than the one just mentioned is because of nicotine,
    oxidation and oil and grease that soaks into the aluminum. Wait till you see our 90's table. BTW soaking alumunim in ZEP "SPREE" for about 15 minutes makes it look like new, (any longer than that, it starts turning black). Also the distributor works like a champ.

Re: DISTRIBUT-OR-TOY

I just brought this up in the 'School Bus Shuttle' thread. When I first started at the Hilton, I thought it was silly to paint componants. However, their reasoning for doing it was sound. It adds a level of pride in work to the job. after I started doing it, I realised it also adds something new to a job I have done thousands of times. I have since painted every front end as I removed drive shafts and cleaned the frame. The solenoid assy and spot/respot arm assy look brand new. It dosent realy take that much more time, and I like the effect it has on new employess. We can show them "This is the level of professionalism that(insert your company name here) expects." In the long run, it is a great idea, especially if you look at these other benifits I have outlined here. Nice looking Dist man!!!!!

Comment

We paint all of our aluminum parts before they're used. The part wipes clean without too much effort for years. Painting parts different colors is another subject. It's different and it shows effort, but that's too far out for me.
      "Gun control is the policy of tyrants"
      Rep. Rob Bishop (R-UT)

Comment

did you piece it out and paint everything? or just mask things off? do all of your distributors look like this? how long did this take you?
        - Jason

Comment

how much money do you spend on paint? Is it just spray paint? Spray paint stays on for years? Or you paint it like a car, in coats and spend lots of dough? Did i use a lot of question marks?
          The impossible often has a kind of integrity to it which the merely improbable lacks.

Comment

Originally posted by mekanic:
            did you piece it out and paint everything? or just mask things off? do all of your distributors look like this? how long did this take you?
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">We completely dismantle our distributors, repack all bearings, paint and reassemble. All my dist. will eventually look like this. All in all including drying time it takes about 30 minutes. We use a quick drying spray paint. RUST-OLEUM Painters Touch. If it should happen to get knicked up you can always touch it up.

For PinMonkey,
            The paint cost less than 2 bucks a can. We can spray about 3 dist with the blue and 6 with the yellow. So it's real cheap.

The reason I picked these colors: A lot of the guys are complaining that they have to play with the dist all the time, hence PLAYSKOL colors.
            DISTRIBUTOR OR TOY? get it? LOL

Comment

Wow. Is that an 82/70B chassis on the floor next to the toy?

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by MikeM:
                Wow. Is that an 82/70B chassis on the floor next to the toy?

Mike
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yes it is Mike. At one time we had about six of those chassis around here. Over the years we have used the wiper assy to rebuild our wipers on the C.P. Clare 30's chassis. The I.D. is larger but with the right spacing they work just fine on the 30.

Comment

Originally posted by JimDorsin:
                  I just brought this up in the 'School Bus Shuttle' thread. When I first started at the Hilton, I thought it was silly to paint componants. However, their reasoning for doing it was sound. It adds a level of pride in work to the job. after I started doing it, I realised it also adds something new to a job I have done thousands of times. I have since painted every front end as I removed drive shafts and cleaned the frame. The solenoid assy and spot/respot arm assy look brand new. It dosent realy take that much more time, and I like the effect it has on new employess. We can show them "This is the level of professionalism that(insert your company name here) expects." In the long run, it is a great idea, especially if you look at these other benifits I have outlined here. Nice looking Dist man!!!!!
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Jim..

I was so paint happy when I was there that one of the mechanics tried to hide the box of paint cans. Never did work because I'd find them. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Biggest benefit of painting the weldments black though, came from being able to find any developing cracks much easier.
                  -- Larry

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                  widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                  1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                  First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                  our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                  Working...
                  X