TOTY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 90's Brake

We are currently running 22 90's, 44 comb. motors. One machine with a sweep brake and one with a table, both brakes greased and doing fine; the rest are running without brakes. We add a brake only if a machine is interlocking.
    The two brakes in the pics are some we tested. Both greased with a Lubriplate food grade (sprocket and chain) grease instead of a bearing packing grease. The one on the right ran 6 months with no adverse effects. Brake on the left ran 12 months with these effects.
    As the oil separates from the base a sort of paste is formed creating a drag. As the drag increases so does the vibration, which in turn causes the crank pin (that is knurled and pressed into the inner hub) to loosen and eventually vibrate out of the hub. The cover and hold down plates also has a north to south movement. This allows the outer hub of the brake to override the two roll pins on the cover causing a groove as seen in the pic. No more brake. The Lubriplate last for 6 months. We are now trying gear coupling grease. We don't recommend brake fluid (no pun intended) or flaming the spring as it will lose its temper.

Re: 90's Brake

Interesting.The brakes were designed as magnetic brakes to help with the stopping of the motors, and they rattled noisily when running and you have shown a great picture.Thanks.
    Laurie.Scotland.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
    widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Black Consoles

I got tired of the black consoles braking and they look bad.so I made my own....

Deck knocking pins over on new racks (Need help ASAP)

I am still very new to working on a2s first off.

We started having this issue on tuesday where when the pinsetter goes to spot a new set of pins, a few of them fall...

Express Model B 40 lanemachine

Can somebody give an explaniton how pins 2, 3, 6 are supposed to be connected. I had a shortcircuit there for the drive motor connection because of water leakage.

82-70 Distributor belt pulling to the side.

I have a distributor that is pulling the belt hard to the left in the nine pin position (and possibly 6 pin), but seems fine in the other spots. As you can see the residue and...

82-90 XLi Pin Elevator

I have several Pin Elevators that I believe to be out of round on my XLi's and was curious if anyone has ever run across this before and is so, what you did about it.
    I'm...
    Working...
    X