Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Humpback Ball Lift

Hello all, well where to start.... we have the humpback ball-lift system in our house, I can not find a way to adjust them to pick up the balls. I have raised and lowered the cones to try and help them go,, no luck.. I have tried to clean the belts, no luck....I have even checked and adjusted the cradles up and down and are unable to get the stupid things to work... We also have 3 belts that are completely bad with splits in the humps and are unable to get new ones yet. They said they would have them sipped to us 4 1/2 weeks ago.. Please if anyone has any other way to adjust these things to work let me know,, please help...... If you want to suggest an idea over the phone call 1-651-735-3223 ask, for Chris,between 9:00am-7:00pm central time.. thanks for your help guys!!!
    "Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And when you look into the abyss, the abyss also looks back into you"

-Nietzsche

Re: Humpback Ball Lift

i thought you didnt have to adjust a humpback. I thought it picked up balls that were covered in syrup. I saw the video. That sounds bad. I was actually thinking of buying some. Let me know how it works out.
    The impossible often has a kind of integrity to it which the merely improbable lacks.

Comment

Well, there are some adjustments you have to make with the cones.... But ya according to the videos, J.R.(the creator), and all the papers,,, zero maint. zero ball calls, tons of oil--no problem.. Thats Bull. Our center has had them for a while and the give us a head ache, we have been averaging 10-20 ball calls a night. except last night when it hit about 70.... Personally I think the humpback sucks and would rather subject myself to kickers again than to0 deal with these all day.. but oh well!!! I will learn these hunk-a-junks one way or another...
      "Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And when you look into the abyss, the abyss also looks back into you"

-Nietzsche

Comment

1. Install lift arm without bending to radius of the ring. This allows the lift to sit in a position that eliminates the dead zone. The dead zone is where the ball enters the lift and rolls forward to create too much clearance between hump and arm.

2. Install the kit to apply downward pressure on the lift. This eliminates yo/yo's. If this is not sufficient, go to the hardware store and buy a turnbuckle and larger chain and utilize a front roller spring for pressure.

3. Use a reduction pulley and a spring shock. Adjust the sheave pressure on the cam to the highest setting and adjust the spring on the shock for smooth operation.

The adjustment for the 1/8 gap is when the ball is at its lowest point. It seems that the ball sometimes will not get in the door but it will.

If you have more problems call me.

Jerry

Comment

Good post Jerry....

As a quick check with pinspotters off, let a ball roll in to lift...now manually push ball forward(it will want to rest on belt). There shouild be no more that 3/16" gap between the ball and the belt(where there is no hump)...if there is you will have to bent(shim) lift plate...
          Peanut

Comment

humpbacks are settum and forgettum in my experience. Pit-Jockey, King gave good advice, ill add, to help rid of the dead zone, add another pair of washers to your adjustable lower lift bracket to get the bottom of the lift more forward. i have the same splitting belts as you, i have received 3 of the "new generation" belts, and they are awesome. i too am waiting on more belts. the belts from the humpbacks we purchased 3-5 years ago are still running.

Comment

You got it Coors. Also, if your new lower lift bracket that was added when the Humpy was put in has plastic washers, throw them out. I had some of those break a little at a time and gave us fits. Replace them with metal flat washers and that will help too. Whatever you do, don't go back to kickers!! The guys here will be a great help!!!
              Gene Simmons for president!!!

Comment

I love kickers, If i had the choice i would go to them in a heartbeat... but thats not an option... So I will Make the humpty dumpty belts work with the advice I get from you guys and friends in the neighborhood... I appreciate your help, and I will start using it this morning.

-Nietzsche

Comment

I assume you're experiencing yo-yo's?

Try cleaning the track covers. Most people overlook the fact that when yo-yo's are occurring the belt is doing its job (spinning the ball). What's happening is that the ball is slipping on the covers.

Shimming the lower track bracket is a good quick fix but I would suggest thick track covers from Stahl's as a more permanent solution. Buy the full-length cover & cut it in ½. Put them on the lower ½. (Yo-yo’s will not occur above the bend in the track)

This makes the space between the belt & the tracks smaller, applying more pressure to the ball. It should eliminate most, if not all, yo-yo problems.

Also, make sure the spring is at 4" (4 ¼” at most).

Comment

Originally posted by *70*PinMonkey:
                    i thought you didnt have to adjust a humpback. I thought it picked up balls that were covered in syrup. I saw the video. That sounds bad. I was actually thinking of buying some. Let me know how it works out.
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You pick the appropriate word:
                    Mump, Bump or Jump.

Comment

Originally posted by Dutch:
                      I assume you're experiencing yo-yo's?

Try cleaning the track covers. Most people overlook the fact that when yo-yo's are occurring the belt is doing its job (spinning the ball). What's happening is that the ball is slipping on the covers.

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Exactly. Good advice

Comment

Well i used your guys help and had a friend come teach us some humpty dumpty things. We got or ball calls under control(for now)... On another note Stahl's senenty's sent us a new prototype humpback belt. after we figured out what adjustments to make on this new belt, it began to work great!!!! alot better than Lifelong, or as we call em "Weak Long".. The hump on the stahls belt is smaller but longer. It does not appear the be falling abort like it counterparts. And it reacts well with all the balls, we had it running great for the last 3 days and not 1 ball on the lane (we had it for 2 weeks barely working till now). The belt stays alot dryer, no oil can be felt... For all with humpty dunpty belts I would suggest getting one and to try it out. Stahl's Seventy's 952-432-2231 email me @reliant79@comcast.net if you would like the adjustment specs. for the white stahls humpback belt...(I kept good notes on that one!)

-Nietzsche

Comment

Originally posted by Pit-Jockey:
                          Well i used your guys help and had a friend come teach us some humpty dumpty things. We got or ball calls under control(for now)... On another note Stahl's senenty's sent us a new prototype humpback belt. after we figured out what adjustments to make on this new belt, it began to work great!!!! alot better than Lifelong, or as we call em "Weak Long".. The hump on the stahls belt is smaller but longer. It does not appear the be falling abort like it counterparts. And it reacts well with all the balls, we had it running great for the last 3 days and not 1 ball on the lane (we had it for 2 weeks barely working till now). The belt stays alot dryer, no oil can be felt... For all with humpty dunpty belts I would suggest getting one and to try it out. Stahl's Seventy's 952-432-2231 email me @reliant79@comcast.net if you would like the adjustment specs. for the white stahls humpback belt...(I kept good notes on that one!)
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Do not talk bad about Lifelong here!

Comment

As I'm sure everyone knows, I too have had a hard time with the humpback. It still works better than other methods...when it works. Anyways, lifelong is coming out with some exciting new products, so stay tuned.
                            My mom always said there was one crazy person on every bus,... but I could never find him.

Comment

I have only one Humpback assembly, but it has worked GREAT for the 5 years it has been in service. The reason I only have one is that the kickers are still working reliably 99.99% of the time. But sometimes that .01% is a killer !

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                              Working...
                              X