Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What have I missed?

I have a machine that drops the head pin every 15-20 frames. The pin is always lying on the deck with the head pointing toward the bowlers, so I assume it’s falling forward.

I’ve been working on this for a couple of weeks now & I’m running out of things to try. This is what I’ve done so far:

<ul>[*]Adj cup forward &amp; back[*]Cup width[*]Changed cup[*]Changed pins[*]Table height[*]Table level[*]Table adj's (toe-in)[*]Loosened yoke shaft springs[*]Lubed everything (yoke legs, shifter, rod ends, etc)[*]Adj RSC's[*]Adj shuttle[*]Cleaned bin &amp; shuttle[*]Lightly oiled bin, shuttle &amp; cup[*]Checked table drive assy &amp; entire front end[/list]

I really wish I had a camera &amp; VCR to put on this thing. It won't screw up as long as I stand there watching it.

Re: What have I missed?

Anything wrong with the pindeck...we had a problem like that a while back (7 pin wouldn't spot because the laminate on the pindeck peeled up on that side).

Is the pin hitting anything on the table? (rsc table link, table casting itself, etc...) Has the table been flagged?

Comment

Two things to check: 1) that the pin shifts fully forward in the cup after the shuttle operates. If not, its going to be seating while the table is descending; 2) the problem may be in the bin. When the 1 pin leaves the distributor, the head glides over the top of the #5 butt plate. On some machines you can get a porpoising action where the head bounces up, allowing the bottom to get caught on the shuttle causing a misfeed.

RR

Comment

Pindeck is OK &amp; table isn't perfectly flagged but it's within ½". That's close enough for me.

RR, You might be on to something. I'll see if there's enough clearance to tilt the cups forward when their horizontal. I'll also check the dist centering.

By the way, I added a couple of things to the original post. My mouse got a little rambunctious on me &amp; I didn't get to complete the post properly.

Comment

Dutch, How about the Tie link bushing and pin?? If you have play here, the cup will never be at the same angle at spot???

Comment

pin falling over, has to be either table not getting low enough, or pin hitting on heel. tilt front of table down a turn or two using table tilt rods. and shorten the set screw for the toe in. think ya cant see the forest cuz of all the trees in your way lately. either that or you've been in virginia city lately. also remove your cup pads on the head pin [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/usflag.jpg[/img]

Comment

Maybe a long shot, but check the table leg bearings and/or counterbalance springs, these are two areas that change relative table height frame-to-frame. Very small changes, mind you, but this is a sporadic problem, no? If nothing else works, just take the cup off and leave it off. The head pin is overrated anyway.
              The impossible often has a kind of integrity to it which the merely improbable lacks.

Comment

Ajust the #1 pin funnel at the backside(toward the rear of the machine) down 1/4" so the pin is pushed forward more [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] It does not sound like the pin is dropping consistantly in the cup the same everytime.

Comment

Check the bearings in the big clevis for the table drive. Could be binding up and not letting the table run all the way down.

Comment

Check the bearings in the big clevis for the table drive. Could be binding up and not letting the table run all the way down.

Comment

Check the rubber washer that is used for the width adjustment, if it's sticking out enough it will cause the pin to hang up in the cup.

Comment

the tie link and bushing would not affect the head pin it would affect the 2-3 4-5-6 and 7-10 shafts since they are connected after the #1 shaft and the #1 shaft is the shaft that is rotated by the link at the front of the table yoke-know what I mean?

Comment

Originally posted by TABLEJAM:
                          the tie link and bushing would not affect the head pin it would affect the 2-3 4-5-6 and 7-10 shafts since they are connected after the #1 shaft and the #1 shaft is the shaft that is rotated by the link at the front of the table yoke-know what I mean?
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yep, I know what you mean.

I tend to agree with Tall Paul, you done most everything and are still having head pin fall over. Possibly clevis bearings, or stiff table drive assy. Make sure table drive assembly isnt too far onto table shaft, that could bind clevis rod end.

Keep us posted.

Comment

maybe its the cupliners or a lack there of, personaly i think its better without liners. or maybe the cup is twisted slightly,this does happen sometimes from allthe abuse from pins,its kinda hard to see in the machine thats why it usually goes on undetected for a while.

Comment

ooops!i see you changed the cup already...what was i thinking.dutch i'll try again later hehe.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                              Working...
                              X