Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interlocks during night bowling only

First of all, I'll be posting a new problem every week. This will be my way of getting many of our problems solved before the winter season starts.

This first one only happens during our "Ultrabowl" sessions. Lanes 7-8 will interlock at random intervals during the night. (82-70's) About 1-3 times a night each if used enough during the night. This does not happen any other time! Not league, not regular open play, just during Ultrabowl.

The only difference during that time is the extra pin light hanging from the masking unit. There is a switch box to go from the regular light to the 8-color disco light. The lighting unit is not attached to the pinsetter/chassis/motors in any way. We've had Ultrabowl for about 3 years and this problem has been going on for, I'd say, 6-8 months. Its been getting worse of late. It used to be once in a night. This weekend I had to fix it 10 times over 2 nights. The only wild guess that hasn't been eliminated is the different colors may be triggering the sweep early when a ball sets off the ball sensor? I don't know.

If you guys need more info, I'll be at the center every single day this week.

Re: Interlocks during night bowling only

what kind of camera system and chassis??is it the same lane or multiple lanes? Have you or any techs made wiring changes in the last 6-8 months??
    Welcome to the Next level!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Sweep coasting is my guess.....most cosmic is sold on a per time basis.....so people bowl as fast as they can......check for mechanical brake in the stator....or the gearbox is loose.

JK

Comment

Check capacitors , as braking may be failing as the evening goes on.As stated by 82/70 king check motor.Simply change sweep for table. You can watch motor rotor to see if it continues to turn after the sweep returns to zero.Have you tried changing chassis. Strange it is two lanes , as interlocks are caused by TB and SC cams cutting power to the motor and each lane is independant.May be two motors coasting or capacitors failing or contactors in chassis or bad micro switches in sweep sa , sb , or sc. not stopping immediately. Weak cam springs or indentations in the screw where the pin head micro slips into.
        Good luck.
        Kepp us posted.
        Laurie,Scotland.

Comment

just a story cuz im bored tonight, which abstractly sounds similar to your prob. When i worked for a 40 lane MP center with Magicscore, thats Magicscore, with accustic sensors inn the kickbacks. EVERY Sunday late league lane 32 Misscored. of course id test it monday morn and all was fine. ran fine all week. sunday late, Misscoring for sun late. turns out, sun late the machines, in particular 32, had been running 16 hours straight minumum, sweep would finally drift enough that sweep arms blocked array sensors.

Comment

I think King is right.
            Also try new oil in you gearbox.
            Some motors are coasting more when they get hotter(the oil gets thinner when hotter;less mechanical brake).
            Or put other gearboxes on to see if the problem disappears.
            Good luck.
            So it goes.

Comment

To answer some question for you guys.

No wiring changes recently on those lanes.

Lane 7 has a 5-board and 8 has a brand new Omegatek chassis. These are Brunswick AS-80 scorers with red beamed scanners, not cameras.

Not always a lot of traffic all day long on those lanes. Most of the time it will happen within 5 minutes of starting Ultra.

Comment

Also, our Ultra is per game, not per hour.

Lane 7, the gate is stopping at about the head-pin line.
                Lane 8, the gate is stopping at the 4-5-6 line.

Comment

1. Use 136/176 gauge on sweep cams.
                  2. Adjust cams according to spec. with gauge and stud clamp for proper stop positions.
                  3. Carry on.

JK

Comment

Thank you for the responses. We will be looking at all ideas tomorrow. I will post any changes when we run Ultra again on Friday. Any more ideas, just keep 'em coming.

Thank you.

Comment

dont overlook the simple things, are the motors getting hot? if people speed up bowling and the motors run hotter they can give trouble, blow the motors out with an airline and make sure the switchcard contacts are clean and the cent mech is operating properly, make sure all your microswitches are operating correctly and slightly de-sensitise the interlock cams

if this dosent cure it, post and well think some more
                      Want your old pins collecting anywhere in the UK? email me on jezsmith@aol.com

Comment

Posting a possible fix.

It looks like it was in the table motor. Replaced the motor on 7 only. It has been running flawlessly all night. I've avoided 8 all night. 8 will get the same treatment as long as 7 works all night long.

Thank you for the ideas, guys. I'll have another one for you soon. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Dont rule out an infra red ultra violet light clash.This causes misscores but can also cause infra red sensors to cylce machine a white light, similar to the days when a flash from a camera bouncing off the mask could rebound into the sensor and cycle a machine.it may be reflection causing this and only happens when the light hits the magic position sometimes never, sometimes 3 or 4 times.
                          Let us know.i am intrigued again.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                          widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Approach Wear - DBA IQ/Anvilane

Our approach panels have a lot of wear at the joint between the first approach panel and the approach/heads panel. Nearly every one has the printed image worn through to various...

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                          1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                          First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                          our technician is working full time on another...
                          Working...
                          X