Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spring paddle shocks

I got 3 paddle shocks in a parts deal several years back. I don't know the brand name of any, but 2 are the same and the other 1 is different. Those 2 work like magic but the other is a terd. When traveling from odd lane to even it's fine but when traveling even lane to odd, it will bottom out on in imcoming ball and destroy a kicker wheel, regarless of any type of adjustment. The other 2 have ample travel in both directions and work great. Can you guys guess at which brand name/s the good 2 might be?

Re: spring paddle shocks

i little better descrition might be more help. if the springs are on the outside, its vantages prototype. if the springs are in a big housing and have a black lock nut, its an AMF shock. If it has a silver lock nut its Vantages second version. even tho Vantages first version failed, they did get the ball rolling on this great idea

Comment

Ok, they have a black case, internal springs, and the black ajustment nuts, so they sound like the AMF versions. Any other good ones on market, maybe Stahls, Zot, Murrey, or any other of the good names? I've read on here about these things breaking springs so I'm just looking for opinions, even though I haveint had it happen to me yet.

Comment

I've been using the ones from Murrey for 5-6 yrs. Other than the 1 (out of 6) that likes to squeak I haven't had a problem with them. They worked perfectly, right out of the bag.

The 1 that squeaks... I just give a shot of WD-40 into the body every 4-6 weeks.

Comment

Make sure you take them apart and apply a small amount of grees to the shaft the inner wall of the tube, and the springs. In time, rust develops in the tube, and they will start to squeek. When you take them apart (after the rusting) you will have a large concentration of redish powder that I can only describe as rust, but I can find no way for moisture to have entered the tube. I foud this to happen to both AMF and Vantage, took about a year for it to occure, did on almost everyone I used, and It went away after greesing... (Granted, this was in Vermont where the humidity averages over 85% year round) I still do it is a precaution.

Comment

We had a couple of those big black spring-driven paddle shocks with the adjuster nut on the back of them. We could never seem to get it adjusted low enough to keep the paddle from banging against the stops too hard, but high enough so it accurately drives the paddle.

Not to mention that the ones we had didn't last long... the springs inside them cracked in half after a pretty short period of operation, like a few months.

We went back to the old-style hydraulic shocks.
            <span style="font-style: italic">Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis</span>

Comment

for all those that dont like their mechanical rudder shocks, please send to me!!! thx [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Jim,

You live in Reno, Nevada now. 2 words for you;

What's rust? [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img]

Comment

For the squeaks....drill a small hole in the top for non detergent oil.

Position of the hole is 1 inch from where shaft protrudes from the lift side of the shock.

JK

Comment

Originally posted by 82/70 king:
                    drill a small hole in the top for non detergent oil.JK
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Good one! have to buy a small enough drill bit now

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                    widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                    1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                    First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                    our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                    Working...
                    X