Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 90Xl gone mad!!

I have got a bit of a problem that im sure you guys can figure out in no time, lane was working fine then decided will not spot, spotting solenoid clicks and jerks a bit but will not energize so table runs, cells close and no pins. then just to confuse me even more if you run the 2nd cycle both the sweep and the table run at the same time?? every now and then it will spot fine???

I have changed the chassis, front end box and replaced the spotting solenoid, nothing changed.

i have checked the wires on the machine input plug too.

What am i missing??

Ste.
    Ste.

Re: 90Xl gone mad!!

Check the clearance on the shuttle stop bolt, maybe it's slightly too close. Possibly your table is coasting slightly and the assemble doesn't have time to activate correctly on a spotting cycle.

What you could do is make the gap bigger than it should be, if the problem disappears you know just to tur it back in.

Comment

Sounds like a cam switch problem to me.

Comment

Yep. Check your table cams and levers. If your table is stopping too late, the solenoid cannot energize properly for the spotting latch to engage.

Comment

You may want to check the table motor as well. I'm not really familiar with 90xl motors, but if you have a coasting motor, that could also cause your problem.

Comment

On some of the early 90xl's, the table shaft tends to move on its own (which moves components on the table shaft). One of these components could have moved and be causing the problems you are describing.

Comment

Hi Laurie here, sounds like cams. check there is nothing shorting in the wires on to the cams, and check the pin micros are working correctly.sometimes the nipples become sticky and the springs are not strong enough to pull the lever back on to the cam.Could be a coasting motor,check if rotor still turns after stopping.If the shuttle stop bolt is not allowing the spotting latch to release, the machine will spot in the air and return to zero.Let us know what you find it could help others.
              Good luck.
              Laurie.

Comment

Hi laurie, good to hear from you.

Well i checked the motor for coasting it was fine, the shuttle stop bolt was also fine. I traced the wires from the chassis to the cams and they were also fine, I then checked the microswitches and the TA2 switch was faulty, I replaced this and its running fine now!

Thank you all for all your help, this is yet another example of how invaluable this site is.

Ste.
                Ste.

Comment

Well done Steve.good man.
                  Laurie.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                  widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                  1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                  First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                  our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                  Working...
                  X