Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hi

hi everyone

i am new to this site and have been told to come here with this problem by a freind.

i have a lane that will every so often stop half way through a cycle and its not a interlock everything runs fine until the sweep gets back to the guard position and it wont go back to zero i am fairly new to the machines and they are 82-70s with mp chasis i have checked the cams and the contactors then i swaped the chasis with another lane and then they both ran fine for a week put the chasis back on their original lanes and problem came back 1 hour later.

billy
    ill be sittin in the sun with a beer if you need me.

Re: hi

With any weird problem like that involving the table or sweep, it's always a good rule-of-thumb to check not only the cams, but also the switchpacks. Many times, the switches get worn, oil gets into them, or they break, and it's not something that can be readily seen through just a visual check of the front end.

Changing the chassis may or may not fix the problem... the chassis that doesn't work right may not have the electrical 'punch' to read through switch contact gunk.

Oil is especially a problem if it gets in the contacts... because the switches run only low 'signal' voltage from the chassis, they do not arc enough to burn off contaminants and keep the pads clean. After a while, a layer of insulating dirt and gunk can build up and cause squirrely operation.

Go through your switch adjustments with the gage, and see if the problem disappears. If it still persists, pull the switches and have a look. When the switches operate, they should have a nice, dry "click" to them. If a switch sounds faint, sticky, etc... replace it, along with the other two in the pack. They're usually around the same age, with about the same amount of wear and use on them. For the effort it takes to replace one, you may as well switch out all 3 and be sure that they're OK. Don't forget to REDO the switch adjustments if you replace switches to make sure the new ones are running at the right tolerances... wear on the old ones may have the adjustments slightly 'off' of new switch adjustments.

Keep us posted, and welcome to BowlTech! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
    <span style="font-style: italic">Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis</span>

Comment

.Here is a quick way to see if it is adjustments or not. When it happens, pull back the SC cam lever, and push in the cam button manually. If the cycle continues, then your cam adjustments (even though they seem to be right ) are off a hair. I know you said the adjustments are right, but it sounds like your sweep isn’t completely at second guard/277 as it should be.

Another thing, long shot, but what type of motors do you have?? If you have a fast Westinghouse on the table, you will run into this. compare the table speed with the adjacent lane. (cycle both at the same time, see if one table is faster) Westinghouse manufactured 2 different gearing speeds, and there are a few fast gearboxes floating around out there

Comment

I agree with these guys. Sounds like the micro switches to me too. Probably TA or TA2. (OK you MP wizards, which one does the MP use to raise the sweep?)

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by billy bob:
          [QB] hi everyone

i am new to this site and have been told to come here with this problem by a freind.

i have a lane that will every so often stop half way through a cycle and its not a interlock everything runs fine until the sweep gets back to the guard position and it wont go back to zero i am fairly new to the machines and they are 82-70s with mp chasis i have checked the cams and the contactors then i swaped the chasis with another lane and then they both ran fine for a week put the chasis back on their original lanes and problem came back 1 hour later.

billy

If they both worked fine for a week. Why did you change them back ?? Best rule to follow ....(IF IT WORKS..DONT MESS WITH IT)
          Even a old dog can bury a bone

Comment

Welcome from Scotland as well.some chassis will tolerate better than others.I agree change all micros, it sounds like it is on the TB / SC interlock side of things as these two are responsible for cutting power. and TA1 &amp; TA2 and SA &amp; SB are logic or instruction switches with TA2 talking thro off spot switch with SB.The cams, as you obviously know have to be set the same, and one dodgy one can give impressions of mysterious faults.
            Good luck.Let us know how you get on.We are all here on this earth to help each other.Someone else might not have the wisdom to ask, and remember we all learn from each other.Young new people into this business are tomorrows top men.
            Laurie,Scotland.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
            widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
            1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
            First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
            our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
            Working...
            X