Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shuttle Probs.

I ordered a bunch of shuttle pin holders from a "Major Vendor". They were the O.E.M. style and not made of urethane. The color of them was a grey-tan color rather than brown. I installed about 10 of them in lane #15.

About 2 monthes later I started having distributor jams, I rebuilt Distributor, still having jams. I had 2 pins in the 6 bin. I tightened clutch spring one notch. Problem continued, watched machine, and noticed that 6 pin wasnt shuttling. Hmmmmm, I adjusted shuttle connecting rod, still wouldnt shuttle. Then I noticed that the new pin holders had a little wear in them and started getting rubbery where pin rests.

I had 10 pins in the bins, I shut the machine off and pushed the back of the shuttle by hand and noticed that the 3 & 6 pins would move foreward when shuttle was moved foreward, that is not supposed to happen.

Well I found my problem, Yep, the new pin holders lasted 2 monthes. Ordered Vantage urethane pin holders and havent had a problem since.

Thanks for the help V/A Jack.

Re: Shuttle Probs.

Your only problem is that those chocolate milks you were drinking in Reno had no alcohol in them, and the lack of impairment didn’t allow you to see that gray-tan pin holders from "major vendor Inc" never work!!! Was fun meeting you Clutch, and I look forward to the next adventure!!

Comment

Originally posted by JimDorsin:
      Your only problem is that those chocolate milks you were drinking in Reno had no alcohol in them, and the lack of impairment didn’t allow you to see that gray-tan pin holders from "major vendor Inc" never work!!! Was fun meeting you Clutch, and I look forward to the next adventure!!
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"> ...Would try to have a good come back on this,but the muscle relaxers are kicking my butt...I'll post about my trip to Reno after I'm not so looped.
      Lifes to short to stress on little things.

Comment

Originally posted by JimDorsin:
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Paul, It was fun hanging out with you and AF. We will do it again soon.

"Major Vendor INC." was the maker of all of my current pin holders that have been in for 35 years with no problems. I dont know why they changed the formula.

I couldnt be the only one with this problem, anyone else??

Comment

Thanks for the help V/A Jack.

I meant V/E Jack.

Comment

Originally posted by AIR FORCE MECH:
            [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] ...Would try to have a good come back on this,but the muscle relaxers are kicking my butt...I'll post about my trip to Reno after I'm not so looped.
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You were hobbling around pretty good when we left you the other night. Glad to hear you got some good drugs. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Dutch:
              </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by AIR FORCE MECH:
              [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] ...Would try to have a good come back on this,but the muscle relaxers are kicking my butt...I'll post about my trip to Reno after I'm not so looped.
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You were hobbling around pretty good when we left you the other night. Glad to hear you got some good drugs. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I think that was a mixture of the drinks I had while we were talking and the sciatic nerve problem. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

I'm still hoppling around and will be for a few days from what the Doc. said, but not as bad as I was in Reno.
              Lifes to short to stress on little things.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
              Working...
              X