Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8270 relay chassis "Q"

OK, all us really old school guys here’s one for you. I have a chassis that when a silgle 4 pin is left a strike is signaled. I started checking the wires and such and I noticed that the r4 relay in the chassis is activating correctly. Yet the K&L circuit still shows a strike.

Any ideas on where this can be? Thanks
    Pat

Re: 8270 relay chassis "Q"

Is this a B chassis?
    I've had enough of hope & chains.

Comment

Yes it is a "B" chassis, and lets go fishing I will bring the beer.

Comment

Its been a long time since I worked on a B chassis but it popped into my mind that it could be a bad top hat diode. These things will mrss up my mind for weeks.

Comment

I'll be in a house with some B chassis tonite. I'll ask their head mechanic if he has any ideas....

Comment

Oh yea, lets go fishing! *Burrrrp* [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

OK here is what I got from the mechanic...Might be a bad relay socket for the r4 relay, might be a bad relay (contacts) - try swapping it out with another relay. Do you have pindication? BTW, this house has 4 good B chassis 4-sale. You want 'em? [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] They will have 4 or 5 more sooon (converting to S/S chassis). Let me know! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
              Jon [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/usflag.jpg[/img]

Comment

Oh, BTW it might be a diode too (just like Tall Paul said..) If thats the case, it's an EASY fix! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img] Gimme a call if u want...(888) 902-2695 - Jon [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I am running out of spares. How much would your friend sell some of his for? I will talk to Joe, we are also looking at upgrading. How did your frind upgrade? We are not quite sure which way to go or even what is available for an upgrade.

Pat I will be in the water tomorrow morning! "Fish ON!"

Comment

He said he'll take $50 apiece for the chassis. They are getting scarce! He converted to solid state chassis with Omega-Teks. The conversion takes awhile, but in the end you have a "little" more modern machine. I'll see if he has notes he kept while doing the conversions if you want.
                    I'll let you know on that. Let me know if you guys are interested in the chassis. He'll have 3 or 4 more after he completes the conversions too.
                    Jon [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/usflag.jpg[/img]

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                    widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                    Working...
                    X