TOTY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8270 relay chassis "Q"

OK, all us really old school guys here’s one for you. I have a chassis that when a silgle 4 pin is left a strike is signaled. I started checking the wires and such and I noticed that the r4 relay in the chassis is activating correctly. Yet the K&L circuit still shows a strike.

Any ideas on where this can be? Thanks
    Pat

Re: 8270 relay chassis "Q"

Is this a B chassis?
    I've had enough of hope & chains.

Comment

Yes it is a "B" chassis, and lets go fishing I will bring the beer.

Comment

Its been a long time since I worked on a B chassis but it popped into my mind that it could be a bad top hat diode. These things will mrss up my mind for weeks.

Comment

I'll be in a house with some B chassis tonite. I'll ask their head mechanic if he has any ideas....

Comment

Oh yea, lets go fishing! *Burrrrp* [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

OK here is what I got from the mechanic...Might be a bad relay socket for the r4 relay, might be a bad relay (contacts) - try swapping it out with another relay. Do you have pindication? BTW, this house has 4 good B chassis 4-sale. You want 'em? [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] They will have 4 or 5 more sooon (converting to S/S chassis). Let me know! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
              Jon [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/usflag.jpg[/img]

Comment

Oh, BTW it might be a diode too (just like Tall Paul said..) If thats the case, it's an EASY fix! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img] Gimme a call if u want...(888) 902-2695 - Jon [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I am running out of spares. How much would your friend sell some of his for? I will talk to Joe, we are also looking at upgrading. How did your frind upgrade? We are not quite sure which way to go or even what is available for an upgrade.

Pat I will be in the water tomorrow morning! "Fish ON!"

Comment

He said he'll take $50 apiece for the chassis. They are getting scarce! He converted to solid state chassis with Omega-Teks. The conversion takes awhile, but in the end you have a "little" more modern machine. I'll see if he has notes he kept while doing the conversions if you want.
                    I'll let you know on that. Let me know if you guys are interested in the chassis. He'll have 3 or 4 more after he completes the conversions too.
                    Jon [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/usflag.jpg[/img]

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                    widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Black Consoles

I got tired of the black consoles braking and they look bad.so I made my own....

Deck knocking pins over on new racks (Need help ASAP)

I am still very new to working on a2s first off.

We started having this issue on tuesday where when the pinsetter goes to spot a new set of pins, a few of them fall...

Express Model B 40 lanemachine

Can somebody give an explaniton how pins 2, 3, 6 are supposed to be connected. I had a shortcircuit there for the drive motor connection because of water leakage.

82-70 Distributor belt pulling to the side.

I have a distributor that is pulling the belt hard to the left in the nine pin position (and possibly 6 pin), but seems fine in the other spots. As you can see the residue and...

82-90 XLi Pin Elevator

I have several Pin Elevators that I believe to be out of round on my XLi's and was curious if anyone has ever run across this before and is so, what you did about it.
                    I'm...
                    Working...
                    X