Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bounce plate (scare).

In 1992 or 93 when these were hard to come by except the one made of marine plywood by Quality in Calif., we went down on the bayou (BY-YA) to some of the boat building places looking for this plywood. Talked to an old fella that said he could get it for us but he had something better and it was a lot cheaper. They use this plywood to form above ground tombs. We bought a 4X12 sheet and made our own.
    Not including labor it cost us about $12.00 to make a plate. Since it was so cheap we didn't make a universal plate but it can be done. Still have some of them running. BTW can someone tell me why this picture is fading away on the bottom. Have lost a lot of my pictures for this reason and know it's something I'm doing.

Laminated view.

Re: Bounce plate (scare).

Originally posted by Kingram:
    BTW can someone tell me why this picture is fading away on the bottom. Have lost a lot of my pictures for this reason and know it's something I'm doing.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">If you have a photo editor program like Adobe Photoshop, Caere Imaging, etc... that can edit/crop digital picturs, I'd recommend cropping out the "good" portion of the image and saving it to a new file... a few of your images may have corrupted checksum data in them, causing them not to be interpreted correctly by the computer. As they are read, modified, or edited, the problem could get worse. Saving a new, 'good' image under a new filename will correct and save the data properly, preventing further loss.

If the images are very important, burn them to a CD... there is no way to overwrite the data on it, so the images cannot degrade any further. It won't fix the loss that's there, but it will prevent it from getting worse.
    <span style="font-style: italic">Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis</span>

Comment

GMan knows all.

Comment

Thanx King... [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] Not 'all' though... if I knew "all", I'd run for President... or maybe God... [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
        <span style="font-style: italic">Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis</span>

Comment

How many man hours do you have invested in this project?

Comment

Nice plates.

Your JPGS are simply missing some data. This happens a lot when downloading files (and for example, stopping the transfer half way).

When downloading from a camera, your memory stick may have corrupted the data, or you pulled the USB plug too soon without properly disconnecting it (don't feel bad I never 'properly disconnect' mine - i haven't had problems yet, but I'm waiting for it ;-).

Try downloading them again (from your camera/memory stick).

If they aren't on the camera/stick anymore, then you have lost that data. No sweat - just do what GMan says and crop them (if nothing other than to make them look better - they won't get any worse ;-).

Cheers,
            Andrew.

Comment

Originally posted by misterx:
              How many man hours do you have invested in this project?
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">After getting a template made and getting the proper tools to do the job you can make a plate in about 2 hours. You need a skill or table saw to cut the plates,a router to round the rough edges off. 1 1/2" hole saw to make holes for securing plate to the bracket (I always liked to make these holes a little bigger so as not to drop the hardware in the carpet, they are a PITA to retrieve). Counter sink the holes in the plate and use 5/16" counter sink bolts as opposed to counter boring and using 1/4" hex head bolts. Reason: Had one of those Quality plates seperate and lodge against the rear roller. If you counter bore 1/3 of the way through the plate in essence there is only 2/3rds of the plate bolted down. In my case the other 1/3 seperated and gave me grief.

Had an old Cajun down in the country make a plate out of regular 1/2" plywood. It lasted about 30 minutes. LOL

Comment

I know a guy in Greely Colorado who has made some steel plates to go under his bounce plates. He had a steel shop cut them to the same pattern. Their heavy but I bet you the plates won't ever break.
                They say that the **** rolls down hill but the smell always starts at the top.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGMan143:
                  if I knew "all", I'd run for President...
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">OK...now we have 2 new runners...King and G...now I don't know who to vote for. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]
                  TSM & TSM Training Development
                  Main Event Entertainment
                  480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

Originally posted by lafarge:
                    Their heavy but I bet you the plates won't ever break.
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Dustin...they thought that about Brunswick pit cushions too...even coated them with rubber. Those break on a regular basis. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]
                    TSM & TSM Training Development
                    Main Event Entertainment
                    480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

Originally posted by lafarge:
                      I know a guy in Greely Colorado who has made some steel plates to go under his bounce plates. He had a steel shop cut them to the same pattern. Their heavy but I bet you the plates won't ever break.
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Very true... they probably wouldn't... however, they might not flex enough to absorb the impact of the ball, either. All that "bash" of the ball landing would be transmitted to the bounceplate brackets, which would either crack or shear off the bolts after a while.

We have some very heavy bounce plate boards made out of some kind of VERY hard phenolic or composite. Every time they were installed in a machine, we'd get broken brackets in a lot shorter time than with the "OEM" plates... They're just too rigid to soak up enough impact.

Comment

As far as I know, the phenolic boards ARE oem. I have good luck with them this way: when assembling: use all new grade 8 bolts (I don't have anything less in my shop). Use new locking nuts. Stovers are best. Use Locktite. Do not overtighten. Over tightening bolts causes delamination of board (see kingram msg) and\or bolt breakage. If I had 2 extra hrs to make a bounce plate I would use them to go fishing.

Comment

Yea, the kind of brownish phenolic boards are OEM... these things are black and HEAVY (hate lifting 'em out of a pit)... for all I know, they might be made out of Bakelite or something similar... they're definitely not like any OEM's I've seen.

Anyone ever use the white plastic bounceboards? Ever have any luck with them?

Comment

I've used 'em, G but never had any luck with 'em. They flex too much &amp; allow balls under the cushion on a fairly regular basis. After a while they stay bowed &amp; even with a bonding strap they build up enough static that if you go to pull one out too soon after it's been used the hair on your arms stands up when you grab it.

Comment

how many times have you seen the front plate break..????
                              Why yes, we wax them everyday!

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                              Working...
                              X