Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• does any body need old 5 bords for chassis

Hey does anybody need any boards that orginally
    went into the elco chassis if so I have have 16 lanes worth they are sitting on a shelf in my shop and I know some poor desperate mechanic somewhere has to be hunting them.They still worked when I pulled and replaced them with Omega Tek logic and expander cards so if anybodys interested I have em I hate to just scrape em I know they can be of some use to somebody...Email me or private message me thanks Kevin..........
    DEFINITION OF MANAGER IN THE 21ST CENTURY: (ADULT BABYSITTER)

Re: does any body need old 5 bords for chassis

We have a mess of them as well... about 30 lanes worth + spares. I think they're still back in the storeroom somewhere.
    <span style="font-style: italic">Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis</span>

Comment

My attic is full of 'em!
      I've had enough of hope & chains.

Comment

so i guess that means there is a surpluss because i have 24 lanes worth of cards that I dont know what to do with either!
        Why walk when you can ride!
        It aint over till the lights go out!
        Work smarter, not harder!

Comment

Sounds like kicker stuff too!!
          Gene Simmons for president!!!

Comment

Off the subject, I have to convert some old five board chassis to Omega Tech boards. What all is involved in this process?

Comment

Piece of cake [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] If you are just using the MK-70 without the expander, you just pull the 5 boards out, chuck 'em, and plug the "jumper board" into the PC-3 slot, the MK-70 in the PC-4 slot &amp; the other board Input board - connected via wire to MK-70)into the PC-5 slot. You are done! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] If you are going to use the expander with scoring, basically the same set up with the addition of a cable that is wired into the C1 socket &amp; to the Sweep contactor. It is all explained in the manual(s). The expander basically makes your S/S chassis a MP chassis (short sweep cycle, sweep reverse, etc).IT IS WORT THE $$$! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Jon [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/usflag.jpg[/img]
              I've had enough of hope & chains.

Comment

Jon nailed it! It's that easy!!

While you're there you might as well remove the aux. board. The MK-70 doesn't use it but it is still in the circuit &amp; can cause problems if it malfunctions. Just clip those 5 wires where they connect to the mother board.

Comment

Later on, when you get bored or finally go nuts, you can also remove the three CP capacitors and the spider triac/heat sink. Not used, still in circuit (exc triac), but can cause trouble (rare).
                  Sure cleans up the chassis real nice. I also remove the plate near the relays that supports the board slot plates. More room to get your hand in there to replace the relays.

BTW: I have 40+ sets, and know of at least 100 others nearby.
                  May be good for apprentices for soldering practice.
                  Can anyone think of some other uses for the boards?

Comment

Take them to a college. The Electronics dept. uses them for class.
                    SGT
                    U.S. Army/AVN
                    Retired

Comment

Originally posted by BowlEquip:
                      Later on, when you get bored or finally go nuts, you can also remove the three CP capacitors and the spider triac/heat sink. Not used, still in circuit (exc triac), but can cause trouble (rare).
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Also replace the diodes on the motherboard for the 1st/2nd X and foul lites with regular wire...
                      Ex-Mech
                      The 45/70 Goverment is the only Goverment I trust

Comment

Hey Guys, I live in New Zealand and am in Desperate need of the boards. how much would you guys be wanting for them?

Comment

Originally posted by 8270kiwi:
                          Hey Guys, I live in New Zealand and am in Desperate need of the boards. how much would you guys be wanting for them?
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You pay for the shipping !!!! I'll GIVE them to you [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
                          Even a old dog can bury a bone

Comment

Me, too!

Comment

They make great frisbees - especially the 4 board (cos it's more aerodynamic I suppose ;-).

BTW, how many of you removed the Aux board while you still had the 5 boards in use? We did - they only caused trouble (and they weren't even that good for frisbees).

Andrew.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Black Consoles

I got tired of the black consoles braking and they look bad.so I made my own....

Deck knocking pins over on new racks (Need help ASAP)

I am still very new to working on a2s first off.

We started having this issue on tuesday where when the pinsetter goes to spot a new set of pins, a few of them fall...

Express Model B 40 lanemachine

Can somebody give an explaniton how pins 2, 3, 6 are supposed to be connected. I had a shortcircuit there for the drive motor connection because of water leakage.

82-70 Distributor belt pulling to the side.

I have a distributor that is pulling the belt hard to the left in the nine pin position (and possibly 6 pin), but seems fine in the other spots. As you can see the residue and...

82-90 XLi Pin Elevator

I have several Pin Elevators that I believe to be out of round on my XLi's and was curious if anyone has ever run across this before and is so, what you did about it.
                              I'm...
                              Working...
                              X