Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wierd problem with a lane.

I work on 82/70's and occasionaly on one of the machines I run into this problem. The sweep is always down when i get to the machine, but sometimes the table is at zero waiting to spot pins but it wont even if there is a 9 pin there and sometimes the table is hung in the air holding the pins. In the first scenario, if i just reverse the sweep or run it through, and try to cycle the machine sweep just drops and nothing happens. same goes when I manually run the table to respot the pins and then reverse the sweep back to 0. I have to manually spot the pins to get the machine to function properly again. I have old five board chassis with omegtek upgrade, so i cant zero out the chassis. Any thoughts on what the problem may be? It does not happen very often but it becoming more frequent and i cant figure out what the problem is. Changed chassis and problem still occurs.

Re: wierd problem with a lane.

I forgot to add that when I got to this center the respot cell protection switches were already removed, so im not sure of the reprocussions of that when we still need the table wiring for our scoring.

Comment

Try checking the adjustment for your offspot switch, make sure that's ok and if so try changing out the switch itself, hanging pins with the sweep down is more than likely a false offspot and if my memory serves the machine won't spot pins either if the OS switch is open, also check your cam adjustments, that could possibly cause the problems as well.
      All I want in life is to turn wrenches and climb around pinsetters/pinspotters again :/

Comment

Rep's got it, OS circuit. Failing switch, loose screws, poor connection...

Or possibly the GPS circuit, though you indicate that it's been shorted, is open. Crummy wire terminal or something like that.

Tell us what you find & welcome to BT!

Comment

OS switch is probably the culprit. I have also seen a bad TA2 switch cause a machine not to spot pins as well. If the OS switch is not the problem, I would check that next.
          Give me a hammer and some duct tape and I can fix it!

Comment

Originally posted by ST-21:
            The sweep is always down when i get to the machine, but sometimes the table is at zero waiting to spot pins but it wont even if there is a 9 pin there
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">My GPS’s have been disconnected before I arrived here. I tend think that the GPS or the OS wouldn’t account for the table not spotting (although I could be wrong). My guess would be to look at the adjustment of all the cam switches and possible replacement.

Triac

Comment

All the above.....
              Gauge all the cams for table &amp; sweep, If the GPS as been removed check the connection and make sure that still good. Check the OS switch and the bearing, yoke and table drive for alignment to the torque tube. Also the A&amp;MC plug or table plug as I heard it called, check it for connection or bad pins &amp; sockets.
              Keep us posted
              SIM
              If its SIMS, its only a game.
              Just hit reset.

Comment

Originally posted by ST-21:
                I have old five board chassis with omegtek upgrade, so i cant zero out the chassis.
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You should be able to zero your chassis by holding the 1st ball/ zero stepper button for 10-20 seconds.

Originally posted by triac:
                My GPS’s have been disconnected before I arrived here. I tend think that the GPS or the OS wouldn’t account for the table not spotting (although I could be wrong). My guess would be to look at the adjustment of all the cam switches and possible replacement.

Triac
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Just for sh*ts and giggles, I went out to a machine and shorted the OS. The table will still spot. Of course the table will stop at the top with RSC closed on 1rst ball. So I would still take a look at those cam switches.

Triac

Comment

My guess is OS. While checking the switch also check the wires where they come out of the frame. I once had a similar problem that turned out to be the cable rubbing on the frame for 30+ years had worn thru the insulation. Occasionally it would ground out causing a false OS.

BTW, if I remember correctly, an OS will stop the machine from spotting if it's during a strike cycle.

Comment

If OS Microswitch and TA2 doesn't fix the problem, check the backend circuit breaker on the rear control box. It's wired into the spot circuit.
                    "Where are we going, and why are we in a hand basket?"

--Kat

Comment

check the os adjustment screw if it is turned too far in that will cause the problemturn the screw a few turns that should resolve the problem if not replace the microswitch...good luck
                      DEFINITION OF MANAGER IN THE 21ST CENTURY: (ADULT BABYSITTER)

Comment

Well i check it out today in fact and i believe the problem was with the offspot switch. I turned the adjusting screw out just a tad and the problem happened right away, so i turned it back in to the original and then about 3 turns more. Thanks for the help guys.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                        widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                        1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                        First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                        our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                        Working...
                        X