Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BIN: Pin guides

This would certainly make changing several parts on the bin a little easier, and a lot less time consuming. Definitely a back saver!!! The holes don't have to be this big, but I took the measurements off an installed bin assembly; not an easy chore.

Parts suppliers: Get your vendors to re-tool and make our jobs easier, so we can spend more time up front playing pin ball, drinking coffee, (or beer), and telling the bowlers everything they need to know about bowling. Right T.C. LOL

Re: BIN: Pin guides

I've taken most of those things off. Especially the ones that get in the way of other hardware. I use them for up-rights on the 4 & 6 bins.

Comment

Less time consuming? A little
      Less back breaking? Not!! your still on your knees (haha) & bending over on the catwalk but nice Idea. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif[/img] Not to be skeptic, but figure a way to change shock mounts in 2 & 3 bin assb'y, I'll be impressed LOL. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
      SIM
      If its SIMS, its only a game.
      Just hit reset.

Comment

Originally posted by Dutch:
        I've taken most of those things off. Especially the ones that get in the way of other hardware. I use them for up-rights on the 4 & 6 bins.
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Dutch,
        Post a pic for me. tks
        Ken

Comment

Mine are in the trash.....useless.

Comment

I've also taken all mine off...all they do is cause problems.

Comment

Thanks for your input guys. Will have to give that a try. Never really paid any attention to what those puppies do or don't do. Just know they are a pain if you have to change other things out.

Comment

I've never had a problem getting under them.

Just ground a cheap 7/16" boxed end thin enough to slip between the guide and stringer.
                -- Larry

Comment

I'm with Dutch. I've removed all of mine and flipped them up and at an angle towards the front on the 2-3-4-5-6 positions to eliminate the neck from hanging over the stringers into adjacent bins (causing the occaional pile-up).
                  "Where are we going, and why are we in a hand basket?"

--Kat

Comment

Originally posted by simbowling2002:
                    Less time consuming? A little
                    Less back breaking? Not!! your still on your knees (haha) &amp; bending over on the catwalk but nice Idea. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif[/img] Not to be skeptic, but figure a way to change shock mounts in 2 &amp; 3 bin assb'y, I'll be impressed LOL. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
                    SIM
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Since everyone has removed their pin guides maybe this will help with shock mounts in 2&amp;3 bins.

Comment

Careful on that headpin chute. It looks good, but be sure that the cuts are filed smooth. The head of the pin usually slides down on the painted part.
                      As far as the pin guides go, if your second stack of pins get deposited straight every time (no hangovers), then the guides do nothing. But they do a good job of turning the upper pin in straight when its on an angle.
                      I've removed all the 5-pin ones, plus the other 4 inner ones. Found the outer ones still help, and they don't interfere as much as the inners on other parts.

Comment

Here is a pic of the "BatWings"

"Batwings" extenders
                        Peanut

Comment

Thanks BowlEquip and Peanut for the info..

Comment

Thanks for posting the pic, Nut. I knew someone had it. Just couldn't remember who.

Comment

Masternut, looks like a good idea, I did see something not mentioned in the pics, it looks ( a bit dark ) like something modified on the front of the 9 and 10 bins, I can't see any mention of this in any of the pics.
                              willey.
                              always doing my best.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                              Working...
                              X