Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sweep-table or chassis

5 to 10 times a day following happened:

after first ball, sweep go's to end of the pindeck..at that time the table is coming down.
    So table hits the sweep...it's only 1 % of the frames..but i will find it...
    any idea's ?

Re: sweep-table or chassis

What have you checked so far don ?

I'd double check both table and sweep cam adjustments, even go as far as changing all microswitches on cam levers.

Also check chassis pins, perhaps move chassis to another lane, see if the problem follows it.

Comment

The initial cause may be that the sweep motor could be "coasting". That is, when the motor turns off as the sweep reaches first guard, the motor gradually comes to a stop. Visibly, the sweep will be a little past the first guard position. If it goes far enough to actuate the SC switch, both the table and sweep will start up together after the time delay. This only happens with Elco and C23 chassis'. On an MP, the sweep will stay wherever it stopped the the table will descend.
      What kind of motors do you have? Do they still use centrifugal switches?

Comment

We had that problem recently (sweep motor stopping at 66 but enganging the SC cam and then interlocking).

Weird thing was, the sweep wasn't slack. Sure it wasn't the best braking motor in the place, but it wasn't what I'd class as 'slack'.

It turned out that the sweep cam on that machine was different to the other machines. The rotational distance between SB engaging and SC engaging was much smaller (at least by half) than every other machine. It wasn't twisted - the welds (between the cam circles and the hub) were fine.

This was the only one with such a tight difference between SB and SC so we figured it was dodgy manufacture.

With a tight motor, it was fine - just the slightest bit of overrun caused the fault.

We were able to adjust the cam to get by initially, but we ended up changing out the weird cam in the end.

Perhaps it was dodgy manufacture, or maybe at some point in the past the cam design changed to allow some extra stopping tolerance at 66.

Anyone seen dodgy cams like that before?

I reckon this is unlikely to be Don's problem, though, but I thought I'd share the story anyway.

Andrew.

Comment

Check the SB microswitch and cam lever. You could have bad contacts inside the switch. Carbon buildup can cause some wierd intermittent problems.
          SGT
          U.S. Army/AVN
          Retired

Comment

Don, Check out my post on INTERLOCKS #2, just recently.
            Same problem as you described, my fix from the help posted were:
            Changed both CSM1 & CSM2, for pins & sockets in C1 plug (ie:21,22,23&24), cams & fingers on sweep & if National motor, Carbon brakes. If this helps, again check out my post from earlier.
            SIM
            If its SIMS, its only a game.
            Just hit reset.

Comment

Originally posted by Don J:
              5 to 10 times a day following happened:

after first ball, sweep go's to end of the pindeck..at that time the table is coming down.
              So table hits the sweep...it's only 1 % of the frames..but i will find it...
              any idea's ?
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">
              jim8230

Comment

Three times in the last six months I've been called to bowling centers for this very issue. All three times it has been the SC switch. On a solid state chassis on first ball cycle, the chassis MUST see SC normally closed after the sweep starts from first guard. If not, the sweep stops when TA2 opens. (usually around the 7-10 line) There is your interlock......replace switch and/or check wiring from switch. Hope this helps.
                jim8230

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                Working...
                X