Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slow spotting! Need help quick...

One of my machines hesitates before setting up a new set of pins. With all pins in place it will wait from anywhere between 0 to 30 seconds before setting a new set. I have checked the ninth pin switch and changed the entire mp chassis and the problem remains the same. I have a huge national tournement in three days and need all lanes up and running. All help greatly appriciated!!!!
    What gets broken must get fixed! By me....

Re: Slow spotting! Need help quick...

Check capacitor across BS circuit in wireway. (TS32 & TS-34). Positive End should be on TS-34.
    "Where are we going, and why are we in a hand basket?"

--Kat

Comment

My 1st thought is either the BS microswitch or the SP relay. By changing the chassis you've eliminated the SP relay. If all you've done is put a tester on the BS, try changing it. Many times I've seen them test good but still be bad.

Does it happen every time or is it intermittent?

Is the sweep sitting at 270º the whole time & it's acting like it's waiting for a #9 pin?

Comment

Just to make sure we have the whole equation... do you have autoscoring? With the Qubica system, if one of the ball detectors is misaligned, the machine will wait an inordinately long time (around 30-45 secs) to cycle or drop a new rack... it can't calculate how fast the ball is moving, so it waits the maximum amount of time before signaling the machine to run. If you have Qubica, a telltale sign of this is the ball speed display will not work... it will remain blank.
        <span style="font-style: italic">Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis</span>

Comment

Did you put the original MP board in the swapped chassis? I have seen a bad MP board go thru a s l o w cycle b-4. Check to see if the sweep reverse is taking longer than usual too...(ie: instead of a couple of seconds to jump up to zero after a miss w/ a full rack on 1st ball). Other than that, I agree with G-Man....
          I've had enough of hope & chains.

Comment

Check your sweep cam switch pack. SB N.O. triggers the spotting action (table run AND spot relay/solenoid).

-Sometimes the SB spring is weak/stretched. This combined with a sticky switch will delay the actuation of the switch, until vibration overcomes it.

-Sometimes the levers and their pins are corroded and/or dirty, requiring extra spring tension on the SB lever.

To test this, go in front of the machine. Cycle it in second ball. SWhile the sweep is doing its run-through, apply pressure with your finger to the SB lever, making it go in as soon as the low side of the cam comes around.

-Third possibility (this will be obvious): bad or misaligned roller on the SB switch lever.

Good Luck!

Comment

are you meaning the sweep at 270 guard waiting for pins to spot.Sounds like you have a bad bin switch,or a loose,shorted, or broken wire...
              DEFINITION OF MANAGER IN THE 21ST CENTURY: (ADULT BABYSITTER)

Comment

I found it!!! The problem was caused by faulty wireing from the BE switch. A connection along the wire was loose so it fell in and out of contact by the vibration of the machine. Things can be real simple when they seem to be not... Thanx for the help!
                What gets broken must get fixed! By me....

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                Working...
                X