X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Humpback Belt

I had a belt split today.

I only now have one spare.

I have had one on backorder from Ace Mitchell since August.

I believe in the US the manufacturer is responsible to produce repair parts for 10 years of any product it sells.

If I lose lineage from a pair of lanes down I will consider retaining a lawyer for a class action lawsuit if anyone else loses money and wants to share the cost of an attorney.

Jerry Kessler

Re: Humpback Belt

count me in... we had our first belt split last week, split another last weekend. have got one replacement from lifelong, but who knows how long till i get my next one. had to throw a fit to get the first one. the split hump is also not covered by warranty, which is news to me because we bought these 6 months ago and all the warranty paperwork says the only thing lifelong will not cover is the V on the back of the belt..i got new paperwork with my replacment belt that says lifelong is no longer covering the hump..... [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif[/img]

Comment

Am I Wrong Here????A Ball Lift Belt is about $75 Compared to A humpy at $750.00? [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img]
      If at first you don't succeed, try, try, again. Then quit. There's no use being a damn fool about it." -W.C.Fields

Comment

Come on guys, havent you been through enough with these belts. Im sorry to see anyone have to go through this type of problem. If it was me I would not have tollerated this as long as you guys have. I will hand it to you, you have more patience than I do.

Good Luck!!!

Comment

I remember this one [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]

Charlie [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
          Please buy MADE IN USA!

Comment

Lifelong called me today and they are shipping me a belt COD.

I do not care if I have to buy 2 belts a year and the going rate.

It is cheaper than having a pinchaser pushing balls into a kicker lift.

I have always supported Lifelong in their efforts and I always will.

They need to support their products in the field first and foremost.

Jerry

Comment

I gave up on them. I have no spares. If I loose a belt, back to the kickers I go.
              SGT
              U.S. Army/AVN
              Retired

Comment

There sure is an awful lot of strings on this issue.

Comment

Originally posted by 82/70 king:

Jerry
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Did you buy a lot of stock in this company or what??

Comment

I Refuse To Kiss Anyones Butt, I Have Been Told By Lifelong That They will Not Replace My Belts
                    That Are Supposedly Under Warranty Because It's My Fault. Improper Installation! It's My Fault That 2 Weeks After I Installed One Of Their Molded Belts Cords Were Popping Out? Cassandra Looked At This Belt And Told Me They Would Replace It, Guess What That Was 3 To 4 Months
                    Ago, She Also Looked At The Other Molded Belts
                    That Were Shedding Told me These Would Be Takin
                    Care Of, As Of 10/21/04 Still No Satisfaction.
                    She Also Took The Light Ball Sensor That I Purchased Directly From Them Paid For In Full,
                    My Complaint Was I Could Not Get It To Work Right
                    She Said That Have Had About 25% Of The People Who Purchased Them Complain So They Redesigned
                    It And Now Everyone Is Happy She They would Upgrade Mine And Return It To Me. SHE NEVER SENT BACK MY UPGRADED LIGHT BALL SENSOR.

Comment

Originally posted by 82/70 king:

Jerry
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">How much exactly does it cost to have a pinchaser push a ball into a kicker lift ? I am hoping that Stahls does have that new humpy belt that I read about in a previous post because I am NOT buying anymore reconditioned belts from Lifelong and they obviously are not honoring their LIFELONG warranty anymore. Thank GOD I only have 5 installed. Are you getting a BRAND NEW belt Jerry, or a reconditioned belt?

Comment

Just a note We converted all our lifts to humpback 4 years ago. Put them in my self and I have had only a few problems. I sent back the light ball cluthes and used super ilnks. I did get 18 of the original belts and 15 of them are still on the machines. Yes ive had the same problem with warrenty-returns-replacement belt problems but I have to say they work for me! But i do hope lifelong or someone else develops a belt like the original belt. My belts are not going to last forever and as I stated in previous entries I have not been abile to get any of the new lifelong belts to work. It goes to show if its not broke dont fix it. Later Chief

Comment

lifelong has been pretty good to me. as chief said. the belts i got with kits about the time chief got them, are still running without a prob. its the corded belts i got with later kits that are all splitting. however, hearing you guys are being denied replacement belts scares me. dont know how legal it is for them to revoke a 10 year warranty which is in writing with every humpback kit ive bought. but i am happy with the "converted belts" so far. looks like they went back to the old reliable method of producing belts.

Comment

I'm in with coors &amp; chief
                            Though I eco Coors concern on the belts. Mine have been working great. But like anything they will need replaced at some point.
                            Even a old dog can bury a bone

Comment

Too bad, we sold all our new spares, and the used ones we had pulled up to this point. Got a call today, and buyer wants the rest as I get them out.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                              our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                              Working...
                              X