Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chassis Problem

I have a solid state chassis single board conversion elco plug. The problem is it keeps tripping CB switch on back control panel.You can hear switch humming. I know it is in the chassis because it is a spare I am working on. Here is what I have done so far. Changed board , M & M2 relays, T2 transformer, checked all pins in C2A and C1 plugs. Any other suggestions. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img]
    David Cliffe
    Asst. Mgr.
    Mechanic
    Youth Advisor
    Pro Shop Mgr.

Re: Chassis Problem

Heat sink assy.

Thermal OL (?)

H relay (?)

T1 transformer (?)

Can you tell what's humming before it trips out?

Does it trip out if control box motor switches are in the 'off' position?

Check where all the wires are soldered onto the motherboard to make sure none of them are touching their neighbor.

Comment

besure you have the right relays in the chassis if you put a wrong relay in the M relay spot it usually does that.pull the relays out of another chassis to rule this out...also besure you dont have a wire loose maybe arching on metal cause a ground out..
      DEFINITION OF MANAGER IN THE 21ST CENTURY: (ADULT BABYSITTER)

Comment

Had a similar problem when I was rebuilding old chassis for spares. Was blowing the CB on the control panel, it was a bad diode under one of the capacitors in the chassis (which are bypassed anyway by the MK-70's) I believe it was CP3. Just cut it off and it was good to go. If ya do a search for SS chassis rebuilds I'm sure ya can find the thread. Good luck!
        All I want in life is to turn wrenches and climb around pinsetters/pinspotters again :/

Comment

I have seen the KX relay cause this. It's a bi**ch to remove, but it can cause that problem too.
          I've had enough of hope & chains.

Comment

Thanks for the quick replys I will try them and see what I find. When I do I will post what fixed the problem.
            David Cliffe
            Asst. Mgr.
            Mechanic
            Youth Advisor
            Pro Shop Mgr.

Comment

Rep, had it right it was the diode on the CP3 capacitor. Thats the slim black one. Thanks for the help.
              David Cliffe
              Asst. Mgr.
              Mechanic
              Youth Advisor
              Pro Shop Mgr.

Comment

k, i have a question for wb, dutch, and anyone else that can tell me. with omega teks, which is all ive ever known, i can just rip out the little aux board, and the Cap 3, just rip'm out with no adverse affects?? what else can be removed from the SS's i can just rip'm out wiring and all right?? lmao, just triple checking with ya before i "let the smoke out" of the chassis.

Comment

Hey! I got one right [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img] [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
                  All I want in life is to turn wrenches and climb around pinsetters/pinspotters again :/

Comment

Coors,

I have all the aux boards removed. I cut the wires off where they go into the motherboard on most of them but desoldered them on a few.

As for the capacitors, I haven't taken any of mine out yet but I understand that you can remove all 3. I had planned on disconnecting them 1 at a time to test the theory but I've had a lot on my plate lately & haven't had a chance to try it.

Comment

today i finally got the nerve to remove Cap 1 & Cap 3. works like a charm. my only question is, will it affect the expander board operation in the future? i noticed Cap 2 has a wire goin to the 12V lug, which PC3 uses, so i didnt remove it., is it safe to remove it and still have expanders work? ( i dont have expanders here. . . . yet)

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                      widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                      Working...
                      X