Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8230's replacement cost

I know someone interested in purchasing an old center with 8230's and I'm looking into the cost of replacing them with used 8270's. I've contacted a few companies a couple of weeks ago, via email and the only one that has gotten back to me was Murrey Intl. They gave me an approximate figure of $4900 per machine for used 70's (shipped and installed), $300 per machine for 30's removal, $975 per kick back replacment if needed.

I'm just wondering if this sounds like a good deal. And if anyone else has done this recently, how much did it cost your center per lane?
    9th Amendment!

Re: 8230's replacement cost

Probably more like $2500 per machine if you find an independent small company.

Comment

I think $5-$7000(82-70mp chassis w/pbl's) from a reputable company might be acceptable. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]

Just remember that they either pulled 'em out for noth'en and or paid as little as $500 per machine.

P.S.///Your 82/30's ought to be worth at least one motor per machine(which means.. who ever takes 'em out and if they get to keep 'em??FREE REMOVAL [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img]
      If at first you don't succeed, try, try, again. Then quit. There's no use being a damn fool about it." -W.C.Fields

Comment

ALL THOSE NUMBERS ARE GOOD. JUST REMEBER 30's have different value in different parts of the country. By me 30's are junk material. If you are looking for machines I can get you some.

Comment

30's really aren't a bad machine really however so many of them have been let go for so long it just can take more money to restore them than they are worth. On the other hand, there are still some out there that are in great shape. My suggestion is to find someone in your area that really knows 30's and have that person evaluate the machines. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

I agree. Find someone that knows 82-30s and have them look at them. They can run as well or better than 70s and parts are WAY cheaper. Find a few for parts and fix the ones already there. Unless you know the 70s better. My 30s are fast approaching the 50 year mark and run good, but I have updated them with PBL ball lifts and Omega Tek chassis. Best thing you can do for a 30 is replace all wiring in the table for the strike circuit. This is a simple thing to do, once you follow how the circuit works. It is very simple, 10 switches, one for each respot cell, all tied together. If the circuti is open, either a broken wire or a closed respot, the machine will not give a strike. I also think your quote is too high for 70s, unless they have MP chassis and PBLs. Wish I lived closer and needed them, I would gladly remove them for you, LOL.
            Gene Simmons for president!!!

Comment

I ALSO AGREE WITH MISTERX. I'M IN A 16 LANE 82-30 HOUSE.THE MACHINES WERE BUILT IN 1959, AND I HAVE LITTLE 2 NO PROBLEMS. WE HAVE UPDATED THE BALL LIFTS, AND WENT TO THE QUIBICA SCORING SYSTEM THAT ELIMINATES A LOT OF THE MICRO- SWITCHES(MOST IMPORTANTLY THE ONES ON THE RESPOT CELLS).IF THE MACHINES HAVE BEEN TAKEN CARE OF, THEY SHOULD LAST FOR A LONG TIME. MOST IMPORTANTLY 82-30 IS THE BEST AMF HAS MADE(IN MY OPINION)!!!

Comment

Originally posted by toon30s:
                They can run as well or better than 70s and parts are WAY cheaper.
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I've been to some centers with very some very sick 82/70's and others with 82/30's that ran as if they were brand new.

Comment

Murrey has an excellent reputation, and I'm sure these machines are actually reconditioned, not painted over...They are "good guys" in this business IMHO. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
                  I've had enough of hope & chains.

Comment

I haven't actually seen the inside of this center yet. So I don't know what kind of shape anything is. I personaly have never even seen a 30 in person. My experience is with 70s. My ex-boss and good friend however grew up on 30's and if this center opens we would both be working in there. I'm kind of upset at the fact that no other companies that I've contacted has responded.

PS. what does IMHO mean?
                    9th Amendment!

Comment

(In my honest opinion) :p
                      You could also try Jim Wentz, Hilltop Bowling, (937) 882-6605. He'll get back to ya... [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
                      I've had enough of hope & chains.

Comment

I agree with Toon. Have someone look at them. I have 5850 30's that are 49 y.o.(they have PBL's and MK 30's) and they give me less problems than my 70 MP machines.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                        widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                        Working...
                        X