Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMF candlepin pinspotter?

Did AMF ever make a pinspotter for candlepins? In the late 1970's I remember watching a TV program that featured a candlepin bowling alley near Boston. I distinctly remember the "Magic Triangle" masking units. The machines had a sweep and table/spotting mechanism very similar to the 82/70. I thought the old Bowl-Mor machines were (are) the only game in town...

Re: AMF candlepin pinspotter?

I found the answer thanks to Carl from AMF tech support:
    "Yes AMF manufactured a Candle Pin Machine, the 82-95. They built a total of 386 Pinspotters in 1963."

Comment

"Candlepins for Cash", I remember that! I spent 1980-1982 on Cape Cod. Only 2 10-pin centers on the Cape that I can remember. The rest were candlepin & duckpin.

Comment

Originally posted by Dutch:
        "Candlepins for Cash", I remember that! I spent 1980-1982 on Cape Cod. Only 2 10-pin centers on the Cape that I can remember. The rest were candlepin & duckpin.
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That wasn't the show I referring to, but I did watch it religiously! I believe Bob Gamere (sp?) was the host. Then there was "Bay State Bowling" on ch. 27 and another show on ch. 5. Man, candlepin bowling used to be big on New England TV. I think ch. 50 in Derry, NH is the only TV station that has a bowling show now.

Comment

Click the picture to enlarge
          <span style="font-style: italic">Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis</span>

Comment

GMan,
            Hey, that's great! I didn't expect a picture. It looks an AMF 82/30 got mixed up with a Brunswick "A". Do you know where this was?

Comment

Awesome! Anymore Pics by any chance!?

Comment

That's the only one I was ever able to get of those animals... Not a clue what house it was taken at. If I had to guess, I would say it's probably in the northern states or Canada. There weren't many of them made... digital pics of them are as rare as the machines themselves.
                <span style="font-style: italic">Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis</span>

Comment

Originally posted by davect:
                  GMan,
                  Hey, that's great! I didn't expect a picture. It looks an AMF 82/30 got mixed up with a Brunswick "A". Do you know where this was?
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Man Dave you aint kiddin, those are the funniest thigs i have ever seen.

Comment

*decloaks*

On a guess...from the sliver of color I can make out, that COULD be the Fairway in Natick, Massachusetts.

*recloaks*
                    -Kris W

Comment

If you have any of the older AMF price books, say around 1968 through 1990, you'll find quite a number of parts for 82-95 candlepin machine. Look under 095 --- ---.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                      widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Approach Wear - DBA IQ/Anvilane

Our approach panels have a lot of wear at the joint between the first approach panel and the approach/heads panel. Nearly every one has the printed image worn through to various...

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                      1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                      First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                      our technician is working full time on another...
                      Working...
                      X