Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All new brainache fault

have found and killed another fault that even one of AMF UK's senior technicians couldnt cure, it has vexed 3 of our regional techs and several other centres cheif techs for 2 years. and my chief charged me with the job of finding the fault at all costs! (took me a good day)

here is the scenario:
    If the mask cable is connected to the chassis, the mechine cocks-up and starts to do strange things like going thru strike cycle on every throw and cycling on its own, unplug the mask cable and bridge the switch pins, fault dissapears, the fault stays with the machine, dosent follow chassies about at all and does it with every chassis installed on the offending machines.

heres some info:
    we have MENDES masks with ball 1 and 2 lights and a mask switch only, no other electrics on them whatsoever.

we have c series '70s with MP chassies and Qubica

we have NO managment control box

we are in the UK and on 240v (3 seperate phases to neutral across machines)

100 points for the person that figures it out!

i GUARANTEE its not the first thing people say!

enjoy, ill post the problem shortly.
    Want your old pins collecting anywhere in the UK? email me on jezsmith@aol.com

Re: All new brainache fault

Shorted out light bulb socket.
    56 Jap A-2's Qubica VDB's
    2 Kustodian Walkers
    http://s1196.photobucket.com/albums/aa408/a2mechanic

Comment

Short in mask cable??

Comment

box of C4 will cure that problem
        DEFINITION OF MANAGER IN THE 21ST CENTURY: (ADULT BABYSITTER)

Comment

Bowland or BES?? I am not familiar with Bowl land, but with BES if both reflectors are not in place and functioning correctly, you get wierd stuff. (cant cycle from desk, contunious cycle sometimes....etc) and BES needs the 1st and 2nd ball info.....if it does not recieve both correctly, wierd things happen. (at least with us...lol) Our balls jumping out of gutter problem has shatered a lot of front reflectors, and created a lot of wierd problems that are supposed to go away once we get all the bumpers lowered so the balls stop 'spring boarding' odd them and killing reflectors.

This related in any way??

Comment

Well, It sounds like something making intermittent contact in the mask plug, cable or the mask switch itself but that's too obvious to have given you so much trouble.

My guess is that Jim is on to something. Maybe it has something to do with the 1st & 2nd ball signal?

Comment

Something wrong connected in f-box? i.e. second ball lightbulb wires connected to foot fault input?

Comment

The terminals for the mask switch grounding against the back of the metal box that holds the switch.We had this problem with our mendes masks causing intermittent cycle problems.maybe with mp chassis it also caused other problems.

Comment

The more I think about it, the more I have another (more specific) theory. Does it actually go through a STRIKE cycle (scoring the strike) or can the scoring system simply be perceiving the machine being in 2nd ball cycle due to a shorted 2nd ball light causing consistent 2 ball signal to the scoring?? Add in a burnt out bulb, and you would never notice it from watching.

Comment

all offending lanes are erattic, they dont specifically have one fault, there isnt a fault in the cable itself, JJP has identified ONE of the factors that was causing the problem but only ONE switch was earthing to its case

ill give it a little while longer then post the solution
                    Want your old pins collecting anywhere in the UK? email me on jezsmith@aol.com

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                    widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                    1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                    First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                    our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                    Working...
                    X