Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '70 Cushion

guys,

have you found a good way to beef up/lower (?) cushion assy. to keep balls from making it to the pinwheel? I seem to have a rash of that these days. Had one guy tonight go through the cushion on three lanes, all right next to each other. Sure, you can have a lazy rear bounce plate, or a shot cushion facing, but three lanes? Have you found a way to build the cushion, or something to add to it that helps this while still letting pins through?
    The impossible often has a kind of integrity to it which the merely improbable lacks.

Re: '70 Cushion

Sounds like a bounce plate issue. Only time I ever seen a ball make it thru. Was when the bounce plate was broken,bracket was broke,bolt broke or pulled out, or kick back tube broke.
    Even a old dog can bury a bone

Comment

DO YOU BUY VANTAGE CUSHION FRAMES? THEY ARE 3/8" SHORTER THEN AMF. i GOT TO THE point that I moved one from machine to the next and problem followed. Also urenthane cushion board aren't the best.

Comment

sounds to me also like broken bounce plates/broken T bars/using AMF white bounce plates and bolts have pulled through allow plate to flex. havent had "luster kings" problems, but i dont think ive gotten a V weld.

Comment

Sorry pin, I have to agree. either the plate is bad, or the weldments are broken....loose bolts....(do you use the quick release blocks??) 1 possibility (EXTREAM AS IT MAY BE) shock spring way too loose.

Comment

Ugh, don't get me started on those white bounce plate boards. Only time we've had balls in the E.W. was as described, bad bracket, bad rear board and also every now and again from a collapsed rear vibration dampener on the rear of the plate
            All I want in life is to turn wrenches and climb around pinsetters/pinspotters again :/

Comment

I agree than older Vantage weldments were short. Buy AMF weldments.

Comment

so apparently, im the only person on the planet with the predicament, eh? Fascinating. Not surprising, but fascinating. I did not realize AMF were a bit longer. That explains much. 3/8" would probably make a difference, if thats a hard number. Its not my bounce plates or facings though, i been doing this awhile and i check those frequently. Have steadily been replacing shock mount weldment (gear box holder upper) as that contributed a lot to balls coming through.

Hey KING, you say "older Vantage weldments were short...."

What about the new ones???
                The impossible often has a kind of integrity to it which the merely improbable lacks.

Comment

IT IS pretty close. I have measured alot of them. to prove to people it is off.

Comment

i measured from the 5/16 hole for the ear (can't remember which one)to the bottom of the frame by the 3/8 hole. BD side. I think Vantages are 15" from that point and AMF 15 3/8"

Comment

I would say bounce plate also.

Comment

Listen to lustre king about the Vantage weldments (if that is indeed what you have). He's a wise man when it comes to 70's and has shown me this, along with many other things.

He can't type, he's ugly, and he dresses funny [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img] ... but believe me, he's a wiz when it comes to AMF machines.

Comment

The comments about the broken rear panel on the bounceplate are spot on... thet's the usual cause of wheelballs.

a weak/blown cushion shock with a loose or misadjusted spring collar can do this, too... it lets the cushion swing back too far. Compound this with a slightly shorter cushion or some sag in the bounceplate, and the balls can get right under. We usually lean towards a bit more compression on the spring around the shock to minimize cushion swing and to push the cushion as far forward as it can go when 'idle'.
                          <span style="font-style: italic">Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis</span>

Comment

For the record shocks were adjusted fine. Had wooden cushion boards and wooden bounce boards. Pits were in good shape. Changed shock and also adjusted fine.

Comment

I also have had problems with the vantage weldments being to short allowing balls under cushion.I agree only buy the AMF weldments.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Approach Wear - DBA IQ/Anvilane

Our approach panels have a lot of wear at the joint between the first approach panel and the approach/heads panel. Nearly every one has the printed image worn through to various...

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                              our technician is working full time on another...
                              Working...
                              X