Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motor Repair

Does anyone know where I can send some sweep and table motors to get repaired? I have two motors that are beyond repair, well not beyond repair but I can't do anything with them because some of the wires from the windings are too small to put connectors on them and I have no idea how to rewire from the windings. Sorry if this doesn't make any sense I'm sort of new to motor stuff. Well anyways, thanks for your help and talk to you soon.

Re: Motor Repair

Usually, once motor windings start dying or the coating burns off, there's not much you can do to them except to have them rewound with fresh wire.

Other than the fact that they're used on bowling machines, the motors aren't any different from any other ones. Have a look in your yellow pages... if you have a reputable company in your area that rewinds/services electric motors, they should be able to handle the job. Look for a company that handles commercial or industrial motors... some of the smaller businesses may not be able to handle motors of that size.
    <span style="font-style: italic">Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis</span>

Comment

G man has it, In Utah I had a company that would do it for around $150.00, and in Vermont it was $175-$225. This usulay entailed rewind, switches, Cent. Mech (they will refer to it as a govener) and a full dip (no idea, just told me they did it.) Never had any problems with my re-wound motors.

Paul

Comment

Chick- It would be less expensive to find a motor rebuilder in Tucson or Phoenix because of shipping. If you want to try Stahl's here in Minn. Ask for Connie 1-952 -932-2231 is their number. I know Tommy Stahl ships to a lot of customers in the U.S. Great motor's
        For Sale- Pickled Eggs--10 cents each, 2 for a quarter, I'll have a quarters worth please.

Comment

Many motor rewinders can replace the LEADS. That's the insulated part of the winding wire that comes out of the stator. If the winding is good (they'll chack that, too), you might just need new leads. Shouldnt cost more than $50.

Comment

Most cities have electric motor repair shops. Some one has to repair the motor's that run the water pump's,industrial motor's,Farm motor's, and electric generators. Try your yellow pages under ...Electric motor service
            Even a old dog can bury a bone

Comment

Stahls are GOOD guys to deal with! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
              I've had enough of hope & chains.

Comment

Here in Phoenix, we use A-1 Electric Motors Inc. They do a good job and are pretty good on the price.
                TSM & TSM Training Development
                Main Event Entertainment
                480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                Working...
                X