Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9860 BOARD & MAGICSCORE

I have some Zot 9860 MP boards rev F. with magicscore. The problem I am having is that these newer boards will not do the quick strike cycle or the seven ten sweep reverse, but the scoring will show the strike or the one pin. Anyone else have this problem or a cure. Have tried putting a more solid ground to the chassis and the APS box, checked pin connections too. When I put the original 9850 board back into the chassis everything works fine, machine and scoring. At present even Zot is baffeled at the problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

AMF DOCTOR

The doctor makes house calls.
    AMF DOCTOR
    http://s427.photobucket.com/home/AMFDOCTOR/index

Re: 9860 BOARD & MAGICSCORE

The original 9850 board has a jumper on the bottom of the board for the start siginal, it has beena while sinec I have seen MagicScore with MP's, but if memory serves me correctly, you had to jumper the top 2 pins to get the short strike & sweep reverse to work properly, if you had the jumper set for the middle & bottom pins it would do just as you describe. Try moving the jumper on a 9850 and let me know if that is the case...we can try from there...
    Jon [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/usflag.jpg[/img]
    I've had enough of hope & chains.

Comment

(can't spell...) [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

wb8yjf is correct. On JP1 you should short the top two pins of the three to specify the start signal comes from the APS and not the cushion switch. Make sure it's jumped correctly.
        "Where are we going, and why are we in a hand basket?"

--Kat

Comment

Hey Guys;
          Thanks for the info, but it's not the 9850 board that I'm having trouble with. It's the 9860 that will not give me the short strike cycle and sweep reverse on a gutter. With the info that yb8yif passed along I'm going to try and track the problem down. Thanks again.

AMF DOCTOR%0
          AMF DOCTOR

Comment

Hey Guys;
            Thanks for the info. The problem is not in the 9850 board. My issue is with the 9860 board not doing the quick cycles. I'm going to try and use the above info to try and track this sucker down. Any more help would sure help.
            Thanks Again,

AMF DOCTOR

AMF DOCTOR

Comment

Is the doctor in?
              Try moving those MP's around to, oh, let's say, the dumpster and install C23's with Mk70/Expanders. LOL
              (Just kiddin' buddy!)
              9860/9861 have jumpers too, don't they? Maybe one of them is wrong. Or, (I've seen this) maybe the jumper is bad. Those tiny little yellow do-dads aren't invulnerable.
              Gooooood luck!

Comment

If at first you don't succeed, try, try, again. Then quit. There's no use being a damn fool about it." -W.C.Fields

Comment

Felix listed 'em, but I don't think that board has the selectable "cycle" option we were mentioning as far as MagicScore goes...Personally, I'd stick with 9850's

Comment

J2-Foul: Choice Of Foul Cycle Or Normal Cycle When A Foul Occurs. Foul Light Illuminates In Either Mode. Preset For Foul Cycle.

J3-Instrctomat: Operates Normal Instructomat Cycle As On Existing "9850" Mp Pc Or Allows The Pinsetter To Be Cycled To The First Ball From The Manager's Control. Preset As Normal Instuctomat Cycle.

J4- Backend Motor: Allows The Backend Motor And The Ball Lift To Turn Off If There Is No Start Switch Input Within Three Minutes. Preset To Turn Off Backend Motor And Ball Lift.
                    If at first you don't succeed, try, try, again. Then quit. There's no use being a damn fool about it." -W.C.Fields

Comment

J1-APS-START: Operates As Existing "9850" Board Or Can Provide Scoring Start From 82-70 Board Computer.

AMFDOCTOR; J1 Is Soldered On New "9861"Boards [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img]

Comment

I'm Using: Manual Intervention-J4

J2 and J3 Have No Jumpers On Them And PS-Start From Computer On J1.

AMFDOCTOR; See What Happens without the jumpers on J2 and J3....

Comment

AH-HA! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

AMFDOCTOR; Can you hear me now?// Hang up!
                            [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img]

I Haven't heard from you in 12 days Doc? [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img] You Must Be On Dutch'S Dial Up Connection. :p And A Party Line.

Comment

Hey Felix:
                              Just tried out those settings and it's still not doing what it should do. Still not getting the quick strike cycle or the 7-10 reverse. Talked with Zot again and they are still trying to figure it out. They have been in contact with the designer of the board to see if he can figure it out. The funny thing is that I have an early version with the phone jack on it and it works just fine with the regular settings on it. They're thinking that the signal from the scoring system is not strong enough to trip one of the optos. Going to call them tomorrow to get more info on their thinking. I still think that there is something different in the way the machines or the scoring were installed some eons ago. I'll try and let you know what's going on as soon as I get more info.

AMF DOCTOR

AMF DOCTOR

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                              Working...
                              X